New Astral Doors "Requiem of Time" teaser

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/127822 :

Sweden's ASTRAL DOORS will release their new album, Requiem Of Time, on January 15th (Europe) and February 16th (North America) via Metalville. A teaser for the album is currently streaming on the band's official MySpace page.

The album will include the following tracklisting:

'Testament of Rock'
'Power And The Glory'
'Rainbow Warrior'
'Call Of The Wild'
'St. Peter's Cross'
'So Many Day So Many Nights'
'Blood River'
'Anthem of the Dark'
'Metal DJ'
'Fire and Flame'
'Greenfield of Life'
'The Healer'
'Evil Spirits Fly'
'When Darkness Comes'

The band recently issued the following update:

"All the previous releases from Astral Doors have been mixed by the master Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN). He has done a great job for us and we love and respect him very much. This time around however, we decided to give our very own guitar player, Martin Haglund, the chance to be in control of the mixing process. Martin has really improved as a sound engineer and technician the last couple of years, and we felt that he could do as great job as his best friend Tägtgren. The release is set to January, but we hope that we can give you a sample from the upcoming release within a month or so. Martin's mix is just incredible and we can't wait to share it with the entire world. Requiem Of Time, our fifth album is nothing but a killer. Songs like 'Testament Of Rock', 'Power And The Glory', 'When Darkness Comes' and 'St. Peters Cross' will be classics for any Astral fan, that's for sure!"

Cool! Can't wait. I love this band. And thank GOD they finally ditched the producer they had. The guitars always sounded like a buzz saw for some reason. Definitely something some ugly clipping there. I dunno what. I just know the rhythm guitars never sounded quite right. But the production on the new stuff sounds top notch.

Looking forward to the new stuff...my favorite power metal band.

It's honestly somewhat hard for me to really call Astral Doors a power metal band. They're really just old school traditional metal, though New Revelation was probably a bit more power-y. Nevertheless, great band. I'm sure this will be a very solid release. I can't say I wouldn't rather have NPJ do a new Wuthering Heights record, though.