New at mixing and recording

Tamarocker88

Musician & n00b engineer
Feb 12, 2011
CT, USA
www.soundclick.com
Hello everyone!:devil:

I just typed up a huge post and then my session timed out, so I guess I'm going to give the greatly shortened version....:mad: Anywho... I've been a musician for 13 years now. I play drums guitar and bass. I've been in several bands and have been studying recording and mixing on these forums and elsewhere very seriously for a few months.

I've got some recordings on my Soundclick page
( www.soundclick.com/ZacharyCruz )

All constructive criticism is appreciated, but if you're going to tell me something sounds horrible or needs fixing, please help point me in the right direction to improve what I'm doing.

Here's what I have as far as equipment:

Presonus Firepod FP10 Audio Interface
Behringer Multicom PRO-XL 4 port Compressor / Gate / Limiter
Two KRK Rokit 5 monitors
Shure drum mic kit containing 3 SM57's and a Beta 52 (I bought an additional Beta 52 too)
Audix drum mic kit containing an f12, three f10's, two f15's and an f14
Tama rockstar 9 piece drum kit with about 15 cymbals
Line 6 solid state 35W combo amp
7 string Washburn WG-687 (standard tuning) with dual humbuckers
5 string Sound Gear Ibanez SR-305 bass with active pickups

I use ableton Suite 8 for my DAW. I use various VST plugins. If anyone would like any more specific details, just let me know.

Thanks!:heh:

PS: The recordings posted on Soundclick are obviously not perfect. I'm in my trial and error phase. I did not spend a lot of time very seriously recording ANY of the recordings. The playing is messy and has fuckups all over. My main focus at this time is trying to figure out what to do and what not to do when recording, mixing, and mastering.