New band containing members of Assuck, Down By Law, and Pseudo Heroes..

SamDBL

New Metal Member
Jan 15, 2005
I apologize for having my first post on this forum be a lame plug for my band. But fuck it. Anyway, I'm Sam. I play in the punk bands Pseudo Heroes and Down By Law. I also have a new project with the ex-singer of the classic grindcore band, Assuck. It's called Track The Curse, and we have a new record coming out in March. It's pretty weird. I've heard it described as Sam Hain meets Discharge meets Napalm Death. Anyway, feel free to check out the website here or hear a song here.

Thanks much. And feel free to email me to tell me what you think at docgorpon@aol.com

seeya,
Sam

That was a rather cool song. I agree that it sounds a tad like Discharge meeting Napalm Death.

Off-topic: Just wanted to say that Down By Law's "All Scratched Up!" is one of my all time favourite records. Songs like "Ivory Girl", "Cheap Thrill" and "Independence Day" still give me goosebumps. That record was very important for me when I had a tough time some five years ago. Thanks for the awesome work in DBL.

Henrik Main said:
That was a rather cool song. I agree that it sounds a tad like Discharge meeting Napalm Death.

Off-topic: Just wanted to say that Down By Law's "All Scratched Up!" is one of my all time favourite records. Songs like "Ivory Girl", "Cheap Thrill" and "Independence Day" still give me goosebumps. That record was very important for me when I had a tough time some five years ago. Thanks for the awesome work in DBL.

Wow! Thanks man. I'm glad it came in handy for you. I know from personal experience how having music when the shit hits the fan in your life can be a very good thing. ASU is actually the one I'm most proud of as well. Bummer it's out of print, now. Oh well. That's life. But anyway, thanks for checking out my song.

No problem at all, man. Everyone has a different "thang". These days, I look at my music like an independent film: It's not made for mass consumption. But rather a small crowd of like-minded people.

SamDBL said:
Wow! Thanks man. I'm glad it came in handy for you. I know from personal experience how having music when the shit hits the fan* in your life can be a very good thing. ASU is actually the one I'm most proud of as well. Bummer it's out of print, now. Oh well. That's life. But anyway, thanks for checking out my song.

*I take it this was intentional? ;) Independence Day :headbang:

So ASU is out of print? Cool, I can brag about having it to my friends, then. Hehe. Your Epitaph stuff is pure gold, but "Fly The Flag" has a couple of real gems as well, especially the title track and "This Is The New Deal". Ahhhh, Dave Smalley is a genius, Dag Nasty were awesome too. What is he up to nowadays? Riding his Vespa? :p

Ha. Funny. I didn't catch that.

ASU is indeed OOP. In fact, our entire Epitaph catalogue is, except for maybe the last greatest hits thing they did. Dave isn't up to much these days, as he's a family man. However he stills rocks out with his new band, the Sharpshooters. They're quite good.

Ok, so the official release date of this album (The New Land) is March 22nd. It'll be distributed by Revelation Records in the states and Canada. Anyone that knows of any Euro or Japanese or South American distributers that might be interested, let me know. PS There will be a contest on punknews.org for this release starting towards the end of this month.