New band, Evergrace

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
I was just checking out a new band called Evergrace. Don't like the name, too close to Evergrey if ya ask me. They're kinda nerdy looking with their short haircuts and Mormon missionary outfits, but the music sounds damn good. It's straight forward melodic metal with an overall sound that's close to some prog/power acts like Circus Maximus. Anyway, if you want to check them out, they have a media player embedded in their website featuring one full song and samples of the rest.

www.evergrace.se

Yeah, sounds good ! They started around 2001 and probably Evergrey wasn't as big than as they are now, otherwise their name choice is pretty stupid indeed !!

True, carnut, but this is their debut album so they could've changed their name before releasing this. Now it's too late as the Evergrace name is making some buzz. I doubt they caused much of a stir with those EPs.

I was reading in a review that this band took a 2-year haitus while the singer went to a music university to become a better musician. Sounds like that paid off big time!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
True, carnut, but this is their debut album so they could've changed their name before releasing this. Now it's too late as the Evergrace name is making some buzz. I doubt they caused much of a stir with those EPs.
!

oh, okay, didn't know this was their debut album... pretty stupid than indeed not to have their name changed.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I was reading in a review that this band took a 2-year haitus while the singer went to a music university to become a better musician. Sounds like that paid off big time!

After listening to the samples I honestly think he should've stayed there for a couple of years more. A major turn-off for me. The songs reek of sheer mediocrity as well, blah...

Oh, and if they're trying to play down the similarities to Evergrey they're not doing a very good job, the logo's almost identical.

Maybe they're trying to "cash-in" the similarity like those old TDT tapes (for those who used to buy TDK :lol: )

The music (as I'm listening while typing) is not bad but nothing astounding. There are many other bands coming out of Scandinavia and Sweden in particular much more interesting (for me at least) in the last 5 years: Sabaton, Wolf, Falconer, Astral Doors, Space Odyssey/Time Requiem, Dream Evil, Cryonic Temple, Seventh One, Krux.

Probable material for PPVIII since it seems Glenn likes to put some newbies too on the stage.

Try both and good luck. Rest assure some of us will try to see you guys in either one ;)