New band in Nashville, TN

Jul 7, 2009
Hey guys,

My name is Trevor Hinesley and I run a little home studio in Nashville called Spreading the Jams Studio. I'm still in college so it's just a side thing right now. Just started a new project and the EP comes out on iTunes February 1. Haven't played any shows yet, but we're a hardcore Christian project and the EP is in G#. We're called "A Son to His Father" and you can check out a song from our EP here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Son-to-His-Father/211422212272637?sk=app_2405167945

Let me have some feedback on the mix! If you like the song too I'd appreciate it if you'd Like the page!

Thanks,

Trevor

Overall the mix and writing sounds pretty good me, though the snare sounds just a little too sibilant, it could have some very high freq's cut out of it. I think if you brought a little bit of that sibilant high-end and scooped out some ~400hz in the guitars it would match the drums and vocals perfectly, but that's just my opinion and taste. I'll throw a facebook like your way while I'm at it...

Thanks man! Ya the mix has already been sent to iTunes, just wanted some feedback so your advice is perfect. Honestly, the only reason I left so much mids in at 400 was to give it some clarity being that it was tuned so low. Not that I should have, it's just what happened haha! Thanks again.