New Bands

paulhalford

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2009
Hi I have posted a link for this band on Facebook but thought I better start posting here more regulary
so this band comes from TACOMA, Washington,in the US and are called
Stealing Axion, there ep is very good hey call themselves progressive metal
but i think it has a dash of deathmetal they are currentley working on a new album but here is the link to there E.P and it is a free download with 5 tracks http://music.stealingaxion.com/

as well as mp3 you can download it as Flac, Ogg vorbis, aac, and others
:D

I've been trying for ages to get these guys known to the general public:

They're called Malpractice, they're from Finland and they've only played gigs in Finland so far. In my humble, but very often completely spot-on opinion they'd be perfect for the Saturday on Progpower, after the dinner break or before it perhaps. Here's theirspace.

Also: get Paul's suggestion. They sounded awesome in the boss over to the venue. Unfortunately the download link isn't working for me for some reason, but I'll try from work on thursday and see what happens there :p

Interesting stuff!

I've got a band here somewhere from the usa:
Behold... The arctopus
myspace.com/beholdthearctopus
it's a really energetic tech-prog-metal band

I think from the songs on their myspace "Exospacial Psionic Aura" is best listenable :p

*it may take a few listenings before you'll appreciate it

THE SHADOW THEORY will be a touring band and is already looking into possible touring in early 2011.

The Sound Of Flies sounds great.

Yes, make it so on PPE2011! +eleventyone!!

I've been trying for ages to get these guys known to the general public:

They're called Malpractice, they're from Finland and they've only played gigs in Finland so far. In my humble, but very often completely spot-on opinion they'd be perfect for the Saturday on Progpower, after the dinner break or before it perhaps. Here's theirspace.

Ah you mean the Malpractice I've seen live and liked a lot? That's some time ago, but still, had to rub it it :p

Hi I have posted a link for this band on Facebook but thought I better start posting here more regulary
so this band comes from TACOMA, Washington,in the US and are called
Stealing Axion, there ep is very good hey call themselves progressive metal
but i think it has a dash of deathmetal they are currentley working on a new album but here is the link to there E.P and it is a free download with 5 tracks http://music.stealingaxion.com/

as well as mp3 you can download it as Flac, Ogg vorbis, aac, and others
:D

Great! Very fat-sounding, tight and nice arrangements.
But i wish the vocals would be at all like in the first song (just my opinion, beause i'm not much into scream/growl-voices but always love ultra-heavy guitar sounds though)