New bass / new settings / new song / Rate!

I really like it! The guitars sound juicy as fuck and the whole mix seems like it's fitting together nicely. Any details on what you used for guitars, eq, mix settings, etc.? (PS - you can keep your JB poster. Fucker. :D)

Hey Uber

Congrats!!, you win the limited edition poster of Justin Bieber!! WOW!

Hehe well, Nice to hear you like it!, I will try to post some screenshots about guitar recording and buss channel if you like it. The guitars arw PSP Mixpressor2 > Gate > TSE x30 > Recabinet old version Impulse (I think that use...dont remember exactly). The buss info later in screenshots, now are 6:00 AM here and I'm at work, Fuck!!, my eyes are burning as hell

thanks you a lot Uber for the reply!!, can you give me an advice to improve this?. More opinions are welcome!

Cheers

:lol:

Yeah screenshots would be cool man. I'm really digging everything. I'm listening on cheap headphones right now so I can't really listen too intently on monitors at the moment. But as for the average listener, this sounds great. I wouldn't have too many suggestions... but I know there are people on here pickier than I am. haha

Hey dude, just an idea but it's normal convention to place the gate before the compressor. That way the gate doesn't have to work as hard since it's not pumping up the noise floor. Mix sounds good too by the way, I LOVE the bass tone you have, it's so clear.

:lol:

Yeah screenshots would be cool man. I'm really digging everything. I'm listening on cheap headphones right now so I can't really listen too intently on monitors at the moment. But as for the average listener, this sounds great. I wouldn't have too many suggestions... but I know there are people on here pickier than I am. haha

Ok!!, hehehe nice man!!, thanks for the opinion, is important to me. When you can to listen in a monitors give me an opinion if you can too, for test!. :) Here the screenshot that I have used to record and process this:

Guitar recording:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2628/guitarrecord.jpg

Guitar buss:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8816/guitarbuss.jpg

Really nice mix ! What did you used for the kick ? I love it :D

Thanks dude!, if I don´t remember wrong the kick is one from Steven Slate Drums 3.5 EX, the colour of the kick is black and red (I don´t remember what it is but I will to go back to find the name, is not the kick10, but is similar, is in the same library, if you have SSD, look to a kick with this colours, is this!!

Hey dude, just an idea but it's normal convention to place the gate before the compressor. That way the gate doesn't have to work as hard since it's not pumping up the noise floor. Mix sounds good too by the way, I LOVE the bass tone you have, it's so clear.

Yeah!, sorry, I have confusion!, my chain is Gate > Mixpressor2 >TSE x30 > lecab. But yes, is not the most of the sense, but with this settings (in the screenshots), sounds good to me, so...why not? :)

Glad that you like it the bass sound!, Is the most that I like it in the mix overall,...is 2 tracks with EQ, one with TSE B.O.D. and compresion in the buss

arghhhh, lot of things to improve....

Thanks.

Off topic, how do you like Cubase SX? Have you used any other DAW's? I currently use Reaper and just wondering if SX or 6 is worth it.

Off topic, how do you like Cubase SX? Have you used any other DAW's? I currently use Reaper and just wondering if SX or 6 is worth it.

Is a good question man!. I´m using cubase SX because this is my old PC and have this, but I will to move to Cubase 6 in my new PC sure!!. I have reaper too in this pc but always works with Cubase and I am too lazy hahaha. I don´t try 6 at the moment, so I can say something about it, but I suppose is going to be better...at least in audio editing and whatnot....