New bass player?

Jono said:
wassap haven't seen you in a while bro, and i second your remark.

if you want to hear badass spanish style guitar check out No me digas (sp?) on the newest AS album revelation. but yeah other than that pretty much any AS track has badass bass. Joey is a bass god. I place him up there with Geezer. I have a feeling they may not keep him seeing as how ANthrax doesn't seem to want members with other demanding obligations and Joey is fucking everywhere but i would love it if he stayed. HE realy shines live.
-Jono-
I had the opportunity to talk to John Bush in the KNAC chat room when he was hosting and asked him about the Guitar Intro to "No Me Digas" and he told me that Joey actually plays that guitar part. Besides the fact that it is some great guitar work, the fact that it is played by an under rated bass player like Joey, shows just how talented the guy really is.

By the way...........I get to see ANTHRAX Live in Orlando in exactly 6 goddamn days........................Thats When I Hit PAYDIRT...........

mrthrax said:
i dont think they should take a backward step,i hope vera stays.
Frank was in the band for 19 years. It's hardly a step backwards. And you can't compare him to Joey B or Spitz because he lived and breathed that band a lot more than they did. There may have been some personal differences, but no one doubts his love of the band. I really can't believe you'd insult him like this.

RE ^^^^^

I don't think MrThrax was trying to insult Frank - but let's face it - Frank is no longer a member of Anthrax. He's in the past. Hence a backward step.

Don't get so easily offended, Dude!!!!

i wasnt trying to insult frank but look what rob caggiano has done for the band,he gave anthrax a good kick in the ass and was a breath of fresh air,who knows what vera could add to the band,he is a wizz in the studio and a great songwriter

So true Mr Thrax. This present Thrax line-up (with Joey V) has awesome song-writing and production potential.

Well I too have a bit of hope Frank will be back. Joey is too much involved in many other things, even though I know he´s a kick ass bass player.

You really think Charlie gonna let Joey write song for Anthrax??? I dont think at all!! For Frank, i think the guy's was very important for the band, and i dont think nobody can replace him and bring to the band what Frank have involved in this band like energy, heart and souls. A band identity and reason for succes it's not just the talent... Frank have what it's take: a lot of charisma and energy... and he was very talented to... Joey V. is a great bass player, i've got nothing against im, but he dont have, and i dont think he will never had, the general input Frank have always had to anthrax.

Matt Bello said:
You really think Charlie gonna let Joey write song for Anthrax??? I dont think at all!! For Frank, i think the guy's was very important for the band, and i dont think nobody can replace him and bring to the band what Frank have involved in this band like energy, heart and souls. A band identity and reason for succes it's not just the talent... Frank have what it's take: a lot of charisma and energy... and he was very talented to... Joey V. is a great bass player, i've got nothing against im, but he dont have, and i dont think he will never had, the general input Frank have always had to anthrax.
u aint listening man,rob didnt write anything either but his knowledge and personality gave them a huge kick in the ass,they couldnt have done wcfya without him,what could they do with vera into the mix thats all i am saying,its exciting for me.

I swear some people just read about the first 10 words of every post, MrThrax !!!!

mrthrax said:
i wasnt trying to insult frank but look what rob caggiano has done for the band,he gave anthrax a good kick in the ass and was a breath of fresh air,who knows what vera could add to the band,he is a wizz in the studio and a great songwriter
Frankie did just fine with his contributions. It wasn't like Belladonna or Spitz where he added nothing to the band.

jdelpi said:
Frankie did just fine with his contributions. It wasn't like Belladonna or Spitz where he added nothing to the band.
so u aint the least bit excited of what anthrax with vera would sound like,they seem to have a great chemistry which can produce great things,as a long time anthrax fan they need to stay fresh.

Armored Thrax said:
I had the opportunity to talk to John Bush in the KNAC chat room when he was hosting and asked him about the Guitar Intro to "No Me Digas" and he told me that Joey actually plays that guitar part. Besides the fact that it is some great guitar work, the fact that it is played by an under rated bass player like Joey, shows just how talented the guy really is.
QUOTE]

yep, i had asked him in an e-mail if he was playing a mandolin for the intro to upon my departure, he said no but he had recently inherited one. he is a very very good musician. I would realy enjoy his influence in Anthrax if he becomes a part of the band. No doubt about it Frank i an awesome musician as well. But joey can deffinately fill the shoes. (if he stays)
I don't think Anthrax is gonna make it down to h-town TX but if they do it'll be badass to see them with Dio and fireball ministry.
-Jono-

mrthrax said:
so u aint the least bit excited of what anthrax with vera would sound like,they seem to have a great chemistry which can produce great things,as a long time anthrax fan they need to stay fresh.
I never said anything to implicate not liking Joey Vera. I like Joey Vera. I like Frank Bello. I liked Anthrax with Frank Bello.

jdelpi said:
I never said anything to implicate not liking Joey Vera. I like Joey Vera. I like Frank Bello. I liked Anthrax with Frank Bello.
i know u didnt say anything not to like vera but i am just saying it would be cool to hear anthrax with vera thats all,as far as saying spitz did nothing for the band,that may be true towards the end but his solos were mindblowing until he lost interst in playing guitar

mrthrax said:
i know u didnt say anything not to like vera but i am just saying it would be cool to hear anthrax with vera thats all,as far as saying spitz did nothing for the band,that may be true towards the end but his solos were mindblowing until he lost interst in playing guitar
I'd like to hear VeraThrax...as a side project.

Nothing against Joey, but I would not be against Frank returning to the band. That said, Joey fits in really well live, and is a cool guy to boot. I spent about half of Dio's set backstage talking to him in Milwaukee. If he were to become a permanent member of Anthrax, that would be fine with me. Either Joey or Frank, I don't think Anthrax can really go wrong with either one. Excellent musicians both, and nice guys as well.

Scott