New Bleeding Through is TITS.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
I have a pre-release CD I am reviewing for school (album comes out on the 30th). Way fucking better than the Truth. :headbang: Melodies and such awesomeness. :lol:

It brings the brootalz quite nicely as well. Can't give to much detail as far as production because it came in a promo sleeve (so no liner notes :cry:).

As much as I love Devin Townsend, stuff he produces usually ends up with a pretty ugly mix and the mastering compression is way overdone.

SYL's The New Black was very well done and didn't sound bad all, which was done by Townsend, although I don't know if he mastered it himself or not. I haven't really listened to much anything else from him (save for a few tracks from the DTB releases), and those have all been fine, relatively speaking.

I played a show with Bleeding Through once a looooong time ago with my old hardcore band. They are really good live. At the time "This is Love, This is Murderous" was what they were touring to support. They gave us a few copies and at the time I thought it sounded pretty badass. Years later, literally a month ago, some friends and I stumbled upon the disc in a cd wallet and put it in. Sounded totally different to me than it did years before. Still good...just different than I remembered. THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT! I think I'll check Truth and this new one out since they both are getting good reviews.

~006

Wow, I din't expect THAT much compression, and I read your comments before having a listen. o_O I think I'am starting to have a headache and I'm halfway through the second song ;/

Devin produced it? I'll have to check it out then. I love what he does for bands as a producer (pushing vocalists into new superhuman territory, etc.), although I'm not always a fan of his mix engineering (he's all over the map, although he's gotten much better over time.)

Regardless, Devin is god, and I buy any album he's involved with!

Devin produced it? I'll have to check it out then. I love what he does for bands as a producer (pushing vocalists into new superhuman territory, etc.), although I'm not always a fan of his mix engineering (he's all over the map, although he's gotten much better over time.)

Regardless, Devin is god, and I buy any album he's involved with!

Totally agree with all that man.

Although Shaun Thingvold has often engineered Dev's albums... so I don't know how much overall sound has to do with him.

Have you heard Misery Signal's 'Of Malice And The Magnum Heart'?

The production isn't flawless by any means, but it really suits the album - and is my favourite album of all time - courtesy of Devin's incredible production.

Totally agree with all that man.

Although Shaun Thingvold has often engineered Dev's albums... so I don't know how much overall sound has to do with him.

Have you heard Misery Signal's 'Of Malice And The Magnum Heart'?

The production isn't flawless by any means, but it really suits the album - and is my favourite album of all time - courtesy of Devin's incredible production.

I HATE the mix on that cd strictly because of the vocals. Fuck. Though I do love the mix on their newest cd. Good shit.

I have a pre-release CD I am reviewing for school (album comes out on the 30th). Way fucking better than the Truth. :headbang: Melodies and such awesomeness. :lol:

I'm supposed to be reviewing it, but Nuclear Blast are fucking terrible at sorting out their online preview pages and they haven't given me access to it yet... my editor applied like 12 days ago and they still have got back to him.

They can't even get the review copies out on time and they wonder why people download shit? Grr.

Steve

I have noticed a lot of the CD's Devin has produced have been mastered really hot recently. I agree that his mixes have got better recently too, and also that he offers so much in terms of production/arrangement/performances etc.

With Misery Signals, they sound cool but I always thought their vocals were a bit one dimensional (not heard huge amounts of them though).