New Brave CD single

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
For those interested in While Heaven Wept's Michelle, Scott and Trevor's other band...

We are thrilled to announce that for the first time since our 2008 full length CD "Monuments" we have a brand new CD single "Surrounds Me" available on Tuesday, November 25, 2014!!
l_nzH9H7244h6HJ-_IhG7Gf5S99vYfNJUS85ILP19NxoXVHRA_kkNcsrygYrCt5U2VRAsQoYa5MJulN8V58lYbEf=s0-d-e1-ft

BRAVE Surrounds Me
The limited edition CD is available exclusively at www.bravemusic.com and features the songs "Surrounds Me", "Three Ravens" plus a special extended remix of "Surrounds Me".

Order your CD now at www.bravemusic.com.
For the latest and greatest news announcements, please like
our Facebook Page: B R a V E
twitter: @bravejam
instagram: @BRAVEjamdc

Thank you for your continued support!!

Sincerely,
Michelle, Scott, Trevor, Suvo, Ben, Matt
BRAVE
[URL="http://www.bravemusic.com"]www.bravemusic.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good question. I'll keep hounding them!

I've been dying to hear a new release by this band. Joan and I visited Michelle and Trevor back in March, and Michelle had played "Surrounds Me" for us. I thought it was great, and I hoped that it would lead to more recordings. Though I wish they would put out a full-length instead of a single, I'll take any recorded material I can get from them, as they have been on my list of all-time favorite bands since I first heard them fourteen years ago.

By the way, Longshot, thanks for the update! I've been on the band's e-mailing list for years, but it appears that they no longer use it. I just can't bring myself to get on Facebook, but it seems that that's how all these bands are keeping folks informed.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Well, the main way I heard about it was that Michelle posted to the DC-SOAR mailing list, which is how I try to keep up with the lower profile prog rock shows in the DC area. I don't do Facebook either.

Cool that they invited you down. Not at all surprised since I know how much you are a huge fan. Despite the fact that they are local to me, I don't really keep close contact with them. I'll see them at the occasional local show (I hung out with Scott and his wife a couple years back when Anathema came to town) but otherwise I'm not in touch.

As for albums, I think it has always been a struggle for them. The last album probably only got made because of the studio time they won from the local Battle-Of-The-Bands competition they placed in. I assumed the recent inactivity was mostly due to Michelle and Trevor's growing family.

Michelle and Trevor are the best! They've been absolutely awesome to me since we first came into contact many moons ago. It certainly helps that I've been waving the flag for that band so proudly for as long as I have.

Actually, the studio time that the band won went toward the recordings for the "Passages" EP. They paid out of their own pockets to record "Monuments," and I think they took a pretty big hit on it. It's a shame, because I think it's their best work. Even though money plays a factor in the lack of new recorded material for them, there are also two bigger factors at work:

1) Each member is really hard to pin down due to jobs that require travel, families, etc. They told me that it's a pretty rare occasion for all of them to be in the same room.
2) While Heaven Wept has taken priority for half of the band due to their growing popularity.

That said, I won't rest until they get another album recorded. While Heaven Wept have managed to release three albums during Brave's downtime. I think it's time to let Brave do their thing, even if it's just long enough to record a full-length.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

D'oh! Forgot there was an EP in there.

Actually, the first time I saw you was on their forum. I think you had like half the posts on that forum. I was rather surprised that there was this guy in Chicago who was such a huge fan of Brave, given they rarely played outside the the DC metro area. Course, then I run into you again here, where your wife is probably more visible.

Anyways, I do hope for more output from them but know it is difficult. I don't think they've played a live gig since ProgDay. Unfortunately, I missed that show because of car problems. I had arrived there just in time to catch Michelle and Trevor as they were leaving in their car.