New Bring Me The Horizon - Thats The Spirit

Ngoc

Jul 24, 2010
Germany
Hey guys,

did you hear their new album yet?

One song of that album:

Does some of you know who mixed their record? I couldn't find any information on the internet yet ... The mix is sounding great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've given it a few listens, a couple tracks I liked, overall not too interesting to me though. Mix is phenomenal (will have to check out that SOS article) and I say good for them for hustling so hard, they went from myspace era deathcore to mainstream success, what a feat!

I think it is oversquashed. The drums are cool but the whole mix is just overcompressed in a not-so-cool-way. The guitars are kinda weird sounding. Feels like the whole mix would have been allot better if they backed away with 2dbs of master bus compression or something.

The mix is just so smooth, there's nothing that sticks out in any way so it's really nice to listen too.

The vocals are killer too, and I pretty much like most of the album musically. Too bad I heard oli can't sing the new stuff live.

I think it is oversquashed. The drums are cool but the whole mix is just overcompressed in a not-so-cool-way. The guitars are kinda weird sounding. Feels like the whole mix would have been allot better if they backed away with 2dbs of master bus compression or something.

+1 the guitar tone it´s akward as hell.

I like the guitar tone. To me that's a sound for a more synth-oriented mix because it leaves a lot of room for the synthies, overdubs etc.
But I think this sound wouldn't work in a live setting.

Also the guitars sound like Nightwish to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favourite mixes of the last couple of years. Everything sounds phenomenal.