New Cea Serin album coming Oct. 6 - "The Vibrant Sound of Bliss and Decay"

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Oct 20, 2009
Nuremberg, Germany
www.myspace.com
The-Vibrant-Sound-of-Bliss-and-Decay_500px.jpg

It's been a long wait, but the new Cea Serin disc is almost here! The album will be released on my label Generation Prog Records on October 6!

Here's a nice lyric video for the song The Victim Cult:

We're streaming the full album here:
http://generationprog.bandcamp.com/album/the-vibrant-sound-of-bliss-and-decay

Enjoy! :)

You can pre-order the CD from our online store and request an instant advance download of the full album TODAY:
http://www.generation-prog.com/?page_id=1172&lang=en

All the best,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering when they were going to release some new stuff, this is a total blind buy. Oh for you that didn't know, Shane Dubose(Kurcible, ZLotZ, and the showcase promoter) and Darren Davis(Kurcible, Outworld) played with Cea Serin for their live shows.

I loved the first album so much that over the years I have checked Cea Serin's website to see if anything new was coming. Finally! If it is as good as the debut, it will have been worth the wait.

CEA SERIN TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM IN OCTOBER;

Generation Prog Records has announced the release of the second album from Cea Serin. The Vibrant Sound Of Bliss And Decay is set to be released worldwide on October 6th.

An album ten years in the making, this collection features five songs with a total playing time of 48 minutes, sharing a sound and atmosphere that belies the songs' vastly different origins.

The first two tracks on The Vibrant Sound Of Bliss And Decay are new recordings of two long-time staples of the Cea Serin live set: "Holy Mother" and "The Illumination Mask", previously featured on the long-unavailable Chiaroscuro demo and often requested by fans for inclusion on a proper album. After drummer Rory Faciane joined the band, it was decided to grant the fans their wish and revisit these songs with better recording quality and a real drummer instead of the previously used drum machine.

The third track, a cover of the Sarah McLachlan song "Ice", serves as a link between the revisited and the brand-new material. It features an original Cea Serin arrangement, turning the acoustic guitar ballad into a haunting, piano-backed piece, putting Jay Lamm's clean vocals front and center and showcasing a different side of the band.

"The Victim Cult" is a brand-new track. "It deals with the castigation of the creators by the people content in sitting back in languor, judging and claiming a right to the services from the very people they’ve vilified,“ says Jay Lamm, composer and lyricist of all four of the album's originals. The song features a unique structure with two distinct choruses that lead into each other, with their order reversed at the end.

The album closes with the 20-minute epic "What Falls Away", a song that deals with the suicide of a girl and how it impacts her family – her parents, who are trying to make sense of the events and what might have led to them, and her brother, who suffers from a mental disorder and cannot comprehend what has happened and why his life has changed.

The CD comes with a 12-page booklet containing the lyrics to all songs and Jay Lamm's comments on them.

The Vibrant Sound Of Bliss And Decay is out on October 6th via Generation Prog Records. The album is available now for pre-order from the Generation Prog Records store.

The first two tracks on The Vibrant Sound Of Bliss And Decay are new recordings of two long-time staples of the Cea Serin live set: "Holy Mother" and "The Illumination Mask", previously featured on the long-unavailable Chiaroscuro demo and often requested by fans for inclusion on a proper album.

The third track, a cover of the Sarah McLachlan song "Ice", serves as a link between the revisited and the brand-new material.
So in ten years they've written two new songs?

The album closes with the 20-minute epic "What Falls Away", a song that deals with the suicide of a girl and how it impacts her family – her parents, who are trying to make sense of the events and what might have led to them, and her brother, who suffers from a mental disorder and cannot comprehend what has happened and why his life has changed.
I'm going to have to queue up some Wolverine right after just to buoy my spirits.

No, actually the next album has already been written as well, just not recorded yet.
Awesome. I look forward to it being released in 2014. :heh:

It's all about grouping material that works well together, which is why I emphasized the common sound and atmosphere of these five songs in the press release.
In all seriousness, I can appreciate the artist's desire to present the material in that manner. I'm very much forward to hearing the new material.

The album is officially available as of today. To celebrate the occasion, here's a video for Ice, a wonderful Sarah McLachlan cover:

Enjoy! :)

If you just want the download and no CD, I recommend our Bandcamp page - here you can get the music in a format of your choice (up to lossless) and the band and the label get the most out of it:
http://generationprog.bandcamp.com/album/the-vibrant-sound-of-bliss-and-decay

As an alternative, of course the MP3s are also available from iTunes, AmazonMP3 or CD Baby.

The CD is still available here (and from various mailorder companies):
http://www.generation-prog.com/?page_id=1172

Last edited by a moderator:
The first album was a masterpiece! Waiting on my preorder of the new one to arrive, but based on the video songs I'm sure I'll love this one as well. Very glad to hear that there is more planned for the future.