New Clip, melodic death, Wagner+Imp

dd_messenger

Jan 22, 2008
Hi all,
yesterday I bought new headphones - AKG K271 and mixed new track on them. I hope that it's sounds more cool then previous (I mean mixing)
Clip from this track available here:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6419442

Drums Andy Sneap's samples + hat and cymbals fromDFH2
Guitars - Wagner > Voxengo Boogex with Impulse
Bass - Hardcore Bass XP (Hohner)

Waiting for your comments.

The guitars sound a bit thin.

The overall mix lacks low end. Or is that something you want with death metal? (I'm not into death).

Thanks for your comment. I'm mixing in hedphones - my earlier mixes had more low end and once I listen one of them on big monitors...I heard VERY big and muddy low end,so I decide to create mix with lesser low end....

I really liked it, thought the guitars worked well. I'd certainly bring that kick up, and EQ it a bit more.

It's absolutely perfect ...very homogeneously mixed ..like it very much.

I tried that Wagner thing myself too, but never got near to a tone like yours. Would you share your settings?

i would not bring that kick up at all and plus it does not need more eq. this is a good mix. there is space and it sounds nice. if anything the kick could maybe drop a db. sounds PERFECT.

Thanks guys for your comments.
About Wagner settings - I check settings in the evening and post tomorrow, because I have internet only on my work PC...

It's absolutely perfect ...very homogeneously mixed ..like it very much.

I tried that Wagner thing myself too, but never got near to a tone like yours. Would you share your settings?

Wagners pretty easy to use, its the combination and choice of cab impulse after that makes the difference.

Hi all,
Dave1978, there is my Wagner settings for this song:
4298739_282904.gif

I used it with englv30cab.