New COC Streaming...

I've enjoyed most of their releases since Blind, but I was unsure about this one with Pepper not being part of it.
The album is already out there as a download, so I had a listen to it being more or less certain that I would eventually buy it.

However, I was rather disappointed.

The production is a bit half arsed, the tunes are far from interesting and I'm baffeled by the fact that, even if there is very little melody on the album, Mike sounds like he's singing out of tune on a huge portion of it. I'm not that familiar with their pre-Blind releases. I've heard them, but they didn't make me want to have another listen.

This album, however, is supposedly an attempt to mix elements and styles from their entire career...it sounds like they picked the worst bits, though.

In The Arms of God was an amazing record, but for some reason without hearing anything of this new one, without Pepper I'm not confident this is going to be anywhere near as good.

If they are looking to go more underground and raw they have done that on this album. Sounds like a demo tape on an 8 track recorder. Vocally not digging it. Some cool riffs. But overall does nothing to make me want to go out and purchase it

Dont know anything about them, only heard Deliverance lol..

Deliverance is a good album. The follow up, Wiseblood, was a bit of a let down and America's Volume Dealer was a mixed bag. Things started to pick up with In the Arms of God, but Pepper's increasing involvement with Down sadly stopped COC in the middle of a good run.

I can see why the other guys in the band decided to pick things up without Pepper, and apparently he's got an open return ticket.

Deliverance is a good album. The follow up, Wiseblood, was a bit of a let down and America's Volume Dealer was a mixed bag. Things started to pick up with In the Arms of God, but Pepper's increasing involvement with Down sadly stopped COC in the middle of a good run.

I can see why the other guys in the band decided to pick things up without Pepper, and apparently he's got an open return ticket.

Wow, To each their own. America's Volume Dealer is one of my all time favorite records.

Wow, To each their own. America's Volume Dealer is one of my all time favorite records.

Yeah, there are some good tunes on there. I'm hearing quite a few fillers on it though, and I don't like the production on some of the tracks. The bass in particular is almost inaudible on some of the songs, such as Over Me.

Deliverance and In the Arms of God are better in my opinion...but that's just my subjective view.

I picked up the cd at Best Buy today for $9.99. Sounds MUCH better in the car than it did on the computer!