New Converge song.

i dont think i can really describe the feeling this song has put in me
but i will attempt to summarise it like this:
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

am i the only one noticing they have like the whole album on here?

fucking "plagues" makes me wanna whip out my whammy pedal like a mofo! :Shedevil:

plagues is fucking sick
no heroes is generally incredible
so is you fail me
so is jane doe
so is pretty much everything theyve ever done
i have so much respect for this band

the consistensy of the quality of their albums is just mindblowing.
after hearing a couple of new tracks on admittedly shitty youtube vids i was less than stoked for this
and i assume that any band with a head on their shoulders isnt gonna put up the best track from a new album, i can only imagine what shit theyre gonna pull on this record
im hoping for another 8+ minute epic either way
totally fucking stoked for this, beyond stoked

Wow...I'm kinda surprised and disturbed by how much I'm liking the song "Dark Horse"; I'm really glad the vox are as buried as they are (maybe it's just the myspace compression, but whatever), but jesus christ this is intense, while still sounding controlled and not overly raw/noisy (when that double bass comes in in the chorus, holy god - JB, you're right dude, this production is fucking ridiculously intense, fuck, and this is really groovin') Is most Converge like this? I thought it was more noisy clanging like Norma Jean...

EDIT: Nevermind, Plagues (the song) is playing - not a fan

It may be blasphemy to some people but I stopped listening to converge after forever comes crashing. I bought jane doe, not a fan. I've been listening to converge since the 90's but the only album I kept on my ipod was petitioning the empty sky. I just thought they lost catchiness with each album. I won't refute the fact that there is mega energy on any release and Jake is incredible live. Don't hate me gents.

edit* however, I will say after listening to Dark Horse, I will give this new one a try.

I guess the new one will be alot different then other converge, allthough it kind of reminds me of their old stuff aswell, which had more of the faster metally guitarruns then the newer stuff.

And Marcus thats were Kurt Ballou is a fucking king in! Controlled yet totally over the top and different sounds.
Alot his productions have this different vibe to it, it ALLWAYS totally fits the band, i never heard him overproduce, but he allways gets the best out the bands anyway, and his guitartones allways strike me as realy classy.
Plus he's a total analogue nut haha, and he is also one of the guys were i can totally hear it back in his mixes..

Yeah dude, this production seriously is absolutely blowing my mind - it's the way the master bus compression kicks in with that double bass part in the chorus I mentioned that's just so fucking intense (yes this is like the 4th time I've used that word in half as many posts, but fuck it, it fits! :D), a talented dude indeed! To some this may seem somewhat polished, but to me, this is as raw as I can handle production-wise, but it's the absolute perfect balance IMO!