New Converge song.

I always thought Converge was just some core band. Dark Horse is one of the most badass songs I've heard in a long time!

http://www.myspace.com/converge

Holy fuck.

Kurt Ballou beats everyones ass on this forum production wise.
What a king among men!

And awwessome song imo!

I absolutely love Converge and have for over 8 years now.

But, this really is an unfair statement as far as production goes. Kurt's studio gear alone costs conservatively $100k not including the cost of his studio space. (I know you were probably really just stoked to hear new Converge but even as an avid fan, I would never imagine writing such a comparison.)

I'm a fan of the majority of his productions.

To some this may seem somewhat polished, but to me, this is as raw as I can handle production-wise, but it's the absolute perfect balance IMO!

If someone thinks this is polished then, something is severely wrong. Like maybe they only reference the Misfits.

it sounds plenty polished to me, its just a very different kind of polish

and goddamn jacob is on motherfucking FIRE on this

i cant wait for this album
plan for release day:
buy album, go home, smoke a fuckton of weed, listen to this, proceed to have neck broken, cry like a baby, snap out of it and realise i just had a religious experience

But, this really is an unfair statement as far as production goes. Kurt's studio gear alone costs conservatively $100k not including the cost of his studio space. (I know you were probably really just stoked to hear new Converge but even as an avid fan, I would never imagine writing such a comparison.)

I'm a fan of the majority of his productions.

Haha, yeah in that aspect it is, but i don't realy take the amount of gear in account to be honest, since i and other people here have better results then the local studio here with SSL and Amek mixing boards ;)

Dude has the vision :)

Haha, yeah in that aspect it is, but i don't realy take the amount of gear in account to be honest, since i and other people here have better results then the local studio here with SSL and Amek mixing boards ;)

exactly
gear =! good recordings
which is why i fucking hate gearslutz and HCAF so much
so many with people top tier tube microphone preamps and analogue compressors with NO idea how to fucking use them

I agree to a good extent but really, could this exact mix be made without all of the super insane nice gear? If so, then I doubt that Kurt would have spent that much money on it.

I have been really inspired and impressed by heaps of recordings posted on this forum done with budget gear.

I totally believe that you are better mixing than your local studio. But how much better would your mixes be with all of the nice gears? I think that it would at least have some sort of improvement.