New Damnation Angels track

From http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=87448 :

U.K. based symphonic metal band Damnation Angels is streaming the new song "Someone Else." The song appears on the band's debut full length LP "Bringer of Light," originally issued in Japan through Radtone Music in March of this year. The album will now receive worldwide distribution through Massacre Records on February 22, 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell YEAH. Finally, we can get the album before PP XIV!:hotjump: (at regular price....I know it has been available at a premium....)

This is re-recorded from the version on the EP?
It's great, and I'm looking forward to picking up the album, but I kinda wished they'd put out a new new track :)

Fuck yeah! Release date!

Also, I'm not sure how I missed this one on the first go round. I've been addicted to it lately. What an amazing song.

This disc is just one monster song after another - and most are in this vein, and then they throw in some awesome mid-paced chunkers as well......

It's so head-scratching as to why we can't get such a great disc other than from Japan, but it looks like it's finally coming our way......

Pellek is indeed awesome -- and as another writer commented, he does need a bit more control but I'm sure that is just a matter of maturing. It's almost as if he is as excited singing the songs as we are listening to them, which is a great thing.

Of course - he would been a great choice for Kamelot as well.

Moreso, the production on this thing is a monster.....especially the nicely triggered drums.......
I cannot wait to see this band at PP ......

This disc is just one monster song after another - and most are in this vein, and then they throw in some awesome mid-paced chunkers as well......

It's so head-scratching as to why we can't get such a great disc other than from Japan, but it looks like it's finally coming our way......

Pellek is indeed awesome -- and as another writer commented, he does need a bit more control but I'm sure that is just a matter of maturing. It's almost as if he is as excited singing the songs as we are listening to them, which is a great thing.

Of course - he would been a great choice for Kamelot as well.

Moreso, the production on this thing is a monster.....especially the nicely triggered drums.......
I cannot wait to see this band at PP ......

Heh...I saw this hyped on your board but for some reason forgot to check them out till this thread popped back up

Holy Fuck!
Agree about the production,especially the guitar tone,bout fucking time a band re discoveres what metal guitars are supposed to sound like

Actually, It reminds me more of late-era Conception than Kamelot. Very good company to be in, but also great to have their own sound working too. Will be fun to listen to them grow and mature.

I hear more Kamelot, but now you got me wanting a Conception-esque prog disc with Pellak. :yow:

Just listened to the entire CD via Youtube(one youtube vid has the entire CD)

Uhh...
is it possible for me to put a CD in the top 2 of my 2012 best of without officially owning it till next year(though I just might do an I Tunes buy of this tonight as I am that impatient)

Only blemish is the Four Leaf Clover cover.....ick..hated the origional
though its more than made up for by the X Japan cover at the end...

Just listened to the entire CD via Youtube(one youtube vid has the entire CD)

Uhh...
is it possible for me to put a CD in the top 2 of my 2012 best of without officially owning it till next year(though I just might do an I Tunes buy of this tonight as I am that impatient)

Only blemish is the Four Leaf Clover cover.....ick..hated the origional
though its more than made up for by the X Japan cover at the end...

I put it in my #1 spot and I still don't "own" it yet! But I will as soon as the Massacre release is out, bet your ass on that. Album of the year, hands down, even the symphonic Metallica cover is tolerable. "Pride (The Warrior's Way)" = Song of the Year. I have a feeling these guys will be as big as Kamelot by the time 10 years has passed by. Talent and songwriting like this can't go unnoticed for long. I'm so pumped that I'm going to be there when they land on American shores for the first time.