New Death Angel- Killing Season!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I apologize if this has been discussed already in another thread. I could not find one. Got this disc today and it is fantastic!! Takes me back to 1989 with Act III. Anyone else get it? Oh, and I got the import with the DVD: Live In Germany! That kicks ass too!

I had the release date on my calendar but I still haven't picked it up. Stupid me, one of my most anticipated releases and I've been too busy to actually order it. I'm glad to hear it's getting some nice feedback! \m/

Am I the only one who thinks Act III is way too polished sounding? I just can't really get into it. The Ultra-Violence is easily their best.
Yes, I prefer The Ultra-Violence over anything, and while Act III does sound a bit polished, I think it was a great leap they made after Frolic Through the Park-- that album was such a letdown after TUV-- a lot of mid-paced stuff, almost sloppy sounding (if you haven't check out the awful, awful "Fall From Grace" live album from that tour...:cry:), which is not indicative of Death Angel.

So yes, a bit polished, but definitely needed at that point...

Are Death Angel ever going to get up off their asses and re-release "The Ultra Violence", "Frolic Through The Park" Act 3", and the live CD they did? They also should re-release The Organization CD's "The Organization" and "Savor The Flavor".

Are Death Angel ever going to get up off their asses and re-release "The Ultra Violence", "Frolic Through The Park" Act 3", and the live CD they did? They also should re-release The Organization CD's "The Organization" and "Savor The Flavor".
They reissued The Ultra Violence (which also had the "Kill as One" demo tape included) and Frolic Through the Park in a package with a dvd and a rarities cd-- the boxset was called "Archives and Artifacts"-- it came out a couple years back:
http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9109/.f