Death Angel - Killing Season

I have to agree that it is much better than AOD but unfortunately, it's not the Death Angel that I love. Sorry :(

Yea I feel the same way. I am not very impressed. They will play the Dynamo club early April but I will be going for Mercenary who will be support act! I really starting to like their new album. :)

My copy arrived today and it's indeed a HEAVY album, maybe not 100% thrash, but I never considered Death Angel as pure thrash as Testament, Abandoned or Atrophy to mention some other bands.
And I insists it reminds me a lot of FTTP and even a bit of The Organization albums (but heavier).

NP: Death Angel - 'When Worlds Collide'

The record is just simply great. Overall a bit more dense than TAOD IMO.

I kinda miss the playfulness of Act III but therefore it goes more straight to the face. The days when they tried to be the fastest fuckers on earth or tried to get their credibility as musicians are long over, but a record like this just makes you happy that they are still around.

The production is nice. It has the clarity and punch of modern records but still an oldschool vibe to it (raw guitars, drums that don't sound like total plastic and an overall warm sound).