New Deth guitarist

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
In an EXCLUSIVE interview with BW&BK today (July 16th), MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine has revealed that he has been in talks with ANNIHILATOR guitar legend Jeff Waters about him possibly joining the ranks of the newly rejuvenated thrash legends.

"I’ve been talking to one of your countrymen about playing with me and it looks pretty good," Mustaine revealed about his recent communication with Waters. "We’ve been talking quite a lot and my only fear is that he’s so good and he’s a leader of his own thing and this is an institution

here, it’s a worldwide thing and, you know. I’ve already had some struggles with bringing in a hired gun that was a leader of another situation with Alan (Pitrelli). Alan’s a good guy, good player. I don’t think that he really could take going from being a leader in SAVATAGE and TSO

(TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) to being, you know, second, or actually fourth, in Megadeth. I don’t think he could handle it. That’s my only fear about working with Jeff is that he’s a leader of his own thing. But, we’re talkin’ and we’re talkin’ and I’m passionate about what I want to do and it may very well happen. We’ve obviously started a friendship and I’ve known of him for years. It may just be that this is a combination that will put him on the map and give me some stability because I have a lot of friends that are Canadian and every one of them is just fucking righteous."

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: That would be awesome if Jeff gets the gig...

Its only been three threads though hasnt it? :confused: And they were all about different things. So nerr.

He wouldn't be silly enough to hire a better vocalist than himself, would he?