Man I hope 'Deth tour

Icarus said:
If you dont go you are poofs! POOFS!

I cant understand. Why would a venue (no matter how shit it is) prevent you from seeing an awesome band live? What the fuck?!

No band that I thought was awesome has actually played at the Arena as far back as I can remember, but in all likelihood if a band that I thought were awesome played at the Arena then I'd probably go... but most of the bands that I like probably wouldn't play that small a venue anyway (so don't bother trying the "But what if Maiden played there?" line again).

I just hate it as a venue. Sure, I've only been once (Steve Vai, February 1997), but it was such an awful experience that I left after half an hour into his set and have reservations about going back again. Forgive me, but I prefer larger venues like the Convention Centre and the Entertainment Centre. It's just the way I am.

If Megadeth or Anthrax had played at a larger venue - I think they both would have been able to draw a good crowd at the Convention Centre - then I would have definitely gone. But I'm not a big enough fan of either band to have gone to see them at the Arena... although, as mentioned previously, I was almost going to go see them in 2001, until they changed the date.

The Arena is not great, but I've been to worse.
Anyway, it's all part of the dingy stinky experience that is seeing a metal band live.

The main thing wrong with the Arena is their shitty pricing scheme, which means you have to pay like $4 for a stupid 600 mL bottle of water.

That's just not right.

Yay! More and more good news :) After all the crap in the last three months, we need it. Count me in for the Brisbane show if I'm still on the face on this planet.

I'd go see Megadeth anywhere. The Palace sucks arse because of its low stage, but I'll go there again, and again.... The HiFi Bar is the best place in Melbourne to see bands.

I must buy ASAP, I am NOT missing them this time. $68 is a little more than I was hoping, but oh well.

The venue has changed to the Queens Bridge Hotel, which is damn weird. And it is now on Saturday the 16th, not the 14th, so the 'Deth site has been changed to anyway.

Blitzkrieg said:
I must buy ASAP, I am NOT missing them this time. $68 is a little more than I was hoping, but oh well.

The venue has changed to the Queens Bridge Hotel, which is damn weird. And it is now on Saturday the 16th, not the 14th, so the 'Deth site has been changed to anyway.

Yeah I'm not gonna miss them this time either! I thought I was screwed after Dave stuffed his arm but luckily they're back. I'm even gonna leave a wedding early on the Saturday night to be there this time!

What happened with the venue was that because Twister is on Saturday nights at the Palace and 'Deth wanted to play on the Saturday. That's why they moved it.

Queensbridge Hotel... can someone give some info on what that's like?

Fukkin' badly can't wait to see the Deth.