No Australian tour

I rarely think about it, actually :) I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed.

Aren't they doing just a 90 minute set or something?

I'm from Portugal and i really sympathize for all Australians, it must suck not having Iron Maiden in your Island. I saw them for the first time in the Greatest Hits Tour and it ruled, I hope to see Maiden again in the Rock in Rio in May, although it's not confirmed yet.

The DoD setlist sucks Mark.

wait up tho... did they ever actually say that they were planning on coming down here this time?

I was dirty as when they pulled out on the BNW tour (I'm sure many of you remember that heheh) - but because I just never expected them to come this time, I'm not too suprised or upset by it.

What they did last time was fucking LOW, announcing that they'd come out, and then suddenly not listing any Australian dates between South America and Japan or whatever it was supposed to be between, and then issuing NO statement about it... and then eventually giving us "ahhh umm... no, we won't be coming after all" once we'd all gone off our heads at them.

If they've done the same thing again, that's pretty shitty. But I haven't really payed any attention so I'm not sure what's happened this time. Someone enlighten me please.

Yeah you are right TinMan, but I think alot of fans had a little bit of hope after DoD went top 20 and all, and the fact that they are using the same old excuses that the fans don't give a shit about doesn't help either.

One thing that gets to me about this is that I really enjoy DoD and was hoping to catch them on the tour supporting the album. I have been getting back into them lately because of DoD, and then they just go and fuck us over again. I guess we will go through all this shit again next time they release an album. :(

As for the forum, I think Metal Downunder is a good idea.

The reason I'm angry is because of the reason Rod has given for not touring.

"Due to logistics and hall availabilities this has sadly meant that we are unable to get to some territories we very much hoped to visit, particularly Mexico and Australia. We are particularly very sad about Australia as we know we haven't been there for so long and it's always been our intentions to get down there if we possibly could but logistically we are simply not going to be able to make it."

Simply put, that is a lie.
Rod Smallwood doesn't want Maiden 4 concerts in Australia, because he knows he can make more money by playing 4 consecutive dates in New York.

Plus Tinman, remember that they said they wont ever tour like this again, only do festivals and small tours etc. from now on, so this was our last chance :cry:

I'm neither surprised nor angry about this and I skipped the last live CD and DVD without a moment's regret, so doing it again is no problem.

More money for Priest now, but I guess they won't tour either. Ho-hum...

W

New logo here perhaps?

md_messageboard_logo.jpg

:mad: