No Australian tour

Lord Tim said:
New logo here perhaps?

md_messageboard_logo.jpg

:mad:
LOL

Sydo said:
The reason I'm angry is because of the reason Rod has given for not touring.

"Due to logistics and hall availabilities this has sadly meant that we are unable to get to some territories we very much hoped to visit, particularly Mexico and Australia. We are particularly very sad about Australia as we know we haven't been there for so long and it's always been our intentions to get down there if we possibly could but logistically we are simply not going to be able to make it."

Simply put, that is a lie.
Rod Smallwood doesn't want Maiden 4 concerts in Australia, because he knows he can make more money by playing 4 consecutive dates in New York.
all too true. I think I'd respect them more if they just came straight out and said "we have no plans to visit australia on this tour" right from the start. Of course that might cost a few albums sales from people who are only getting the new stuff on the off chance of a tour, so they'd never do that.

Spiff, I may just get Rush in Rio but I want Different Stages first.

Mark, I'll still be rushing out to get the next studio album. Any more live stuff (especially from this tour with its woeful setlist) would just be a waste of space in my CD rack.

W

Salty that is such a good idea.

Can you please do that? Draw up a characature of Rod Smallwood pissing on Australia with a T Shirt on that says "Cheap Bastard" or something like that. We can all sign it, and send it to his inbox. That would be awesome to let him know that we all think he's a fuckwit. Please do it

Silenoz: Yeah... We´ll go to Japan in February 2004, but I have no idea about any sells for this new album over there yet. We also went to Japan for the previous album and played to like 500 people in our first show and for 300 people in the other show. Now we are gonna our 3rd show ever in Japan, so we will see how they are gonna like us there now when we have a new album out. You really don´t earn any money on those tours going either to Japan or Australia ´coz all the money basically goes into expensive flights, but it´s still worth it. Besides, it´s always cool to play in more exotic places, y´know. We haven´t been in Australia yet, so we are gonna try to do that in the same run as Japan. From Australia we are gonna continue touring to South America. Or I think maybe we will be going to South Africa first before South America. Then we are gonna do a South American tour around in April and then we are gonna do a second US tour for sure either headlining it or most likely support some bigger and more known bands than us. I don´t know with whom we are gonna do that tour. Actually I have to say I don´t care because we have to show all those so-called ´Nu-Metal bands´ what real Metal is, so...
Ooh... Maybe a Dimmu Borgir tour! :headbang:

There's nothing further I can add to this, except to echo Tinman's comments. They virtually promised a tour in 2000, and then simply didn't do it. But here's the thing, every major heavy metal band of the last 20 years has toured here in the last 5 years or so, except Iron Maiden. I don't know exactly what that says, but I think it says a lot.

I still want to know why they cant simply leave the stage at home and just bring the instruments etc.

I've been wondering that since the late 80s. They want to do everything for the fans, well the fans here wouldn't care if they played through hired gear at Blacktown RSL in t-shirts and jeans and sitting on stools! At least I wouldn't.