No Australian tour

Exactly, and ill bet the excuse Rod uses if someone said that to him would be "Well we want to give our fans the best" or something stupidly similair :mad:

Hell, if it's the airfares that cost so much just reissue the albums again, buy a plane with the money made and then get Bruce to fly them down. Problem solved.

Yes, I *should* have managed a rock band.

Just wondering..
How many do you think Maiden could have counted on actually attending a few Aussie gigs?

I'm thinking around 6,000 would be best they could hope for here in Melbourne. :(
Maybe that seems low?

To get into the top 20 you only need about 6000 in total record sales for the week, number one is Delta and that sold 20000 in a week.

So 6000 people in all of Australia buying it isnt enough because Maiden obviously refuse to play smaller venues.

Here's something interesting.

That page has been updated. It now says this:

'Due to logistics and hall availabilities this has sadly meant that we are unable to get to some territories we very much hoped to visit, particularly Mexico and Australia. We are particularly very sad about Australia as we know we haven't been there for so long and it's always been our intentions to get down there if we possibly could but logistically we are simply not going to be able to make it. We realise that this means that you will all probably go out and burn our records but l have tried very hard indeed personally to make this work so please accept my apologies and try to bear with us. We will make it one day, l promise. I am actually writing this at a friend's house in Sydney (Clovelly) having seen England win the Rugby World Cup and l love it here and if it's possible l am as disappointed as you guys'