New Devin

byrne said:
Name one reason why that makes him anymore worthwhile than a guy who decides to play his public hair strung over a shoe box. Surely you can see how idiotic your comment is.

I have to agree with you Byrne on the irrelevance of that point, however your failure to embrace Dev as the living personification of God immediately rules you out of any further participation on this planet. You have been banished!!!

EVH316 said:
I have to agree with you Byrne on the irrelevance of that point, however your failure to embrace Dev as the living personification of God immediately rules you out of any further participation on this planet. You have been banished!!!
I concur

Devy_Metal said:
long time fan, here.

infinity is the singel best piece of music i have ever heard...the entire album. there are so many layers in every song...listening with headphones is just a treat, to put it plainly. listening to it when youre blazed is a mindtrip...cant even describe it...
I dont know, i love infinity but terria and ocean machine are more emotional, i mean common, funeral and bastard are probably the best two song combination emotionally, whenever u hear the intro the funeral u just get that uhhhhhhhh feeling u know?

Minion520 said:
I dont know, i love infinity but terria and ocean machine are more emotional, i mean common, funeral and bastard are probably the best two song combination emotionally, whenever u hear the intro the funeral u just get that uhhhhhhhh feeling u know?
totally agree, those songs are amazing.
terria and ocean machine are hard to beat.
infinity is excelent as well, amazing.
phycisist is fun and good.
AE is ok, a bit disappointing
Synchestra is good, but far from his best.
he need to put a different twist in his music, he isn´t surprising me anymore.
Its always that devin sound we are familiar with.

byrne said:
dont understand the devin townsend love. almost everything he is associated with is terrible, with the exception of a few albums where he was the producer (i think).

Have you actually heard his solo stuff in its entirety? I mean I could see why people would not like Devin Townsend if they aren't fans of original, epic and truly progressive music with consistently strong vocals on each album.Then maybe you might not enjoy his stuff ...:cool:

Some of the best guitar work I've ever heard is on Dev's song "Deep Peace". I don't know how some people can't appreciate even some parts of his stuff.

Devour said:
Some of the best guitar work I've ever heard is on Dev's song "Deep Peace". I don't know how some people can't appreciate even some parts of his stuff.

You're new, eh?

I thought it was a good album. Triumph, Gaia, Vampira, Notes to Africa, Pixillate and Judgement are a few of my favorite songs off it.

Thraxz said:
You're new, eh?
To this forum? Sort of/not really. I've been here before a long time ago for a little while under a different name, just joined back again. I lost interest in this board before, lets see how long it takes again :p

J Mann said:
Have you actually heard his solo stuff in its entirety? I mean I could see why people would not like Devin Townsend if they aren't fans of original, epic and truly progressive music with consistently strong vocals on each album.Then maybe you might not enjoy his stuff ...:cool:

translation?

not fans of long, tedious, washy noises creating truly vapid, directionless music with consistently uninspiring vocals on every album.

yeah, that is totally not my thing ....

byrne said:
translation?

not fans of long, tedious, washy noises creating truly vapid, directionless music with consistently uninspiring vocals on every album.

yeah, that is totally not my thing ....

You kick so much ass.