New Digi Control 24

Just read on some forums that the price is supposed to be around $10,000 US.

If thats the case, I just lost interest.

Why would anyone want to pay $2000 more for a unit that looks like an oversized command 8.

I was hoping it would at least have stayed the same price.

If anything it looks like it should have been cheaper than the original Control 24.

"C|24 incorporates the latest advancements in Pro Tools software, making it an incredibly powerful — and affordable — control surface option for Pro Tools users."

Affordable?

If they are going to jack the price, how can they use the word affordable as if the price was an improvement to the product for everyone.

:yuk:

Yeah that's a rip... I got my Tascam US-2400, which in many practical ways is similar, for under $500 new before they were discontinued. I don't see how Digidesign can come along and claim that this new C|24 is over $9,000 more valuable!

Hopefully this means the Control|24 will get even cheaper on eBay.

i'm just wondering what this is going to do to the d-command console...they're both the same size, have about the same features, and are made by the same company

only difference is that the d-command passes no audio whatsoever, and lists for around $30,000 more

the price does seem too high...

but think about it - when it really comes down to it, they'll probably sell thousands of them to commercial facilities and schools, which is the bread and butter of their business model

i don't think digi really cares if the average joe schmo with his some setup can afford their stuff

Yeah that's a rip... I got my Tascam US-2400, which in many practical ways is similar, for under $500 new before they were discontinued. I don't see how Digidesign can come along and claim that this new C|24 is over $9,000 more valuable!

Hopefully this means the Control|24 will get even cheaper on eBay.

thats exactly what i was thinking

I like PT and I wouldn't mind paying for HD if I had studio but I would rather get an analog board like an SSL than pay for this. Digi's hardware isn't the best but when bundled with software its a good deal.

i'm just wondering what this is going to do to the d-command console...they're both the same size, have about the same features, and are made by the same company
i havent read too much about the new control 24, but on a d-command/control all the faders are touch sensitive aswell as the rotary knobs. pro control and d series control surfaces are expendable with other 'packs', ie fader packs, edit packs, mix packs.

yes, im a certified pro tools user, and yes, they are a rip.

but as someone mentioned before, most large studios are decked out with a pro tools rig, and a big expensive one at that. schools break their neck to get grants from Digidesign, and Pro TOols/Digidesign/Avid/whoever pass on about 0.01% of the saving. yes, its a rip off, but when avid own as much of the industry as they do, they call the shots.

back on topic though, i dont think the C|24 has the same focusrite pres as the control|24. chances are they are better (duhh) but on closer inspection, the knobs are the same as the 003, not touch sensitive.

i honestly dont see much of a difference between this one and the original control|24 other than the new 'look', although im sure the guts are better in every aspect!