New Distressor/Fatso vst emulation

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
11222499_961158543922647_5375407452416723030_o.jpg

Disto is a set of two devices in one, with some extremely useful add-ons like a Mid/Side encoding/decoding matrix.

Several effects are integrated for an overall control on sound and dynamics. Emulations have been designed to be quite aggressive and provide an useful "warming" tool with lots of versatility but quite simple to use.

Main features are:

- lots of compression character selections, with several knees and characters
- several saturation options
- output transformers
- "Warmth" filter, to control brightness in a special way
- simple set of controls and interface
- Stereo, Dual and Mid/Side modes for full control on the stereo image
- "Hottitude" control (internal levels) to get independent control on dynamics, saturation and Warmth

Disto is being released in July, with a MSRP 39.99$ and a launch price of 29.99$

More info

Please don't let this be a huge disappointment like SOR8....:(

This is promising. Ive used the Sknote dbx160 emulation a fair amount and I think it sounds pretty high quality.

I was just thinking I'd like SKnote more and wouldn't have sold all of my plugins if the customer support wasn't so abysmal and chaotic. I thought you just mentioned DBX160 for inference. Then I scrolled back up to see who made the plugin and I think I will pass.

The amount of trouble one has to go through with that "company" (it's just one person running a huge operation and he refuses to enlist some support) makes even the best plugins not seem worthwhile.

Great, great plugins......but the support and such is way beyond words abysmal.

SKNote fanatic here, never had any deal breaking bugs although I will agree that Quinto does stretch himself too far with all the hardware and software he's always working on at the same time. Quite a few plugins I have from him could use some updates that's for sure, but like I said not for any deal breaking reasons, just little things such as meters.

He does offer a refund if you don't like the software however, so I don't really see how there is anything to lose buying his plugins.

Anyway, the only disappointment I can see with Distressor emu is that there is a good chance it won't come out in July :loco:

Depends on the quality of the product, but as for now I wouldn't say it would be too pricey as long as the tone is there!

I hope Slate/Fabrice will make one soon. That will make me open my wallet.

This could be cool, except it would sound amazing but have 1/3 the functionality of the actual unit. I ended up buying VMR but get super annoyed using it since the Eqs don't have low pass filters and the 1176 has no all in mode.

It seems to be out now finally, has anyone here bought it, is the plugin any good? I'd try it myself ofc but there isn't a demo available... (I hope there's going to be one soon).

I Bought this yesterday. It really makes things slam! Really fucking great in all aspects.

I am liking this thing so far. Out of order mode fattens things up like crazy. Here's a drum track I was messing with earlier today smashing the hell out of Disto in out of order mode 4:1 ratio with about 25% of the compressed track blended in. Instant fatness :OMG:

Bypassed
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3211623/Bypass.wav

Disto Parallel
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3211623/Disto.wav

Just bought this and holy shit. Out of order mode is nuts. Maybe it's just the fact that it's my new toy, but this also just became my new go-to bass compressor. It does something magical to my ears on bass guitar.

Yup, bought it about 3 weeks ago, very good plug in!
I'll definitely keep using it for quite a long time.