New Djentyish-Hardcore Mix, help appreciated!

the mix is somehow muddy. i dont know what it is but on headphones i can hear some subbass that doesnt sound very good. i think its the bassguitar.

did you check the lowend with headphones or do you have a subwoofer?

i do have a subwoofer, i get that problem quite often, but not entirely sure what to do about it! ha i dont know where its coming from :s i could try just reducing the bass a bit?

start with a highpass at 50hz on the bassguitar. that should reduce the problem. Or did you already highpass it?

Those ambience Samples have often a lot of muddy bass. Did you cut them?

But the Mix is very cool! Like the tone of guitars and drums!

yeah that bass does have a bit too much low end mate, and the guitars to me sound like they need a presence boost.. they are muddy

yeah better. the hum is reduced now. And Im pretty shure its the bass guitar. Maybe you put up the highpass of the bass to somwhere 80-100hz but bring also the volume of the bass a bit up, so it doesnt get lost in the mix.

so you get a fuller guitar tone. do you compress the bass and the guitars on one bus together?

there is no do never highpass higher than "insert frequency here"

It all depends on the source an here is a massive load of hum in the bass guitar tone. sth around/below 60Hz. when you highpass at 80Hz for example you have -3db at 80Hz and -12 per decade. So it isnt "cut out" but very reduced. And your low shelf with -3b would do the same here. I bet there will be enough bass left over when you turn its volume up again after that hp, so it works in the mix.

the Highpass at 50Hz just halves the volume at 50Hz, what could be/is to little in this case. The lower frequnecies get highpassed on a normal stereo system anyway.

And normally you place the kick somewhere between 60 and 90Hz. And the bass above. not beneath at 50Hz... So a highpass at 80Hz isnt that critical.

I'd remove the intro riff from the background as soon as it kicks in, sounds weird when it's still going and it's all djenty.