New Drum Tones!

GearMan2point0

Musician/Engineer
Feb 13, 2011
Hey guys! I was wondering what you guys thought of the mix for my band!
Is it full? Do the vocals sit in nicely? Thanks in advance

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/chasingdwright07/chasing-sokaris-believe-in/s-ijxZ7[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I like this. Can't judge the mix because I'm currently listening with my macbook speakers. But the mix sounds clear with it so it can't be bad :D But I like the song. Kind of a little more classical metal core-style. What did you use for the guitars? Doesn't sound like the traditional pod farm presets people often use. Anyways, good job on not doing the mix like most people do. This is refreshing to my ears.

Sounding pretty good man, vox sound good (Nice level). A more aggressive master would give it a bit more size

Some more attention at the mastering stage does sound like a good idea, but don't push your limiter anymore before improving your headroom in order to keep some more dynamics... it already looks like a solid block. Look at your bus compressor and toss a mb compressor to minimize the low mids.

I like this. Can't judge the mix because I'm currently listening with my macbook speakers. But the mix sounds clear with it so it can't be bad :D But I like the song. Kind of a little more classical metal core-style. What did you use for the guitars? Doesn't sound like the traditional pod farm presets people often use. Anyways, good job on not doing the mix like most people do. This is refreshing to my ears.

I use my own podfarm settings. Criminal Head with my own impulses. I used the TLS Driver plugin to add more depth and saturation, I love that plugin on the guitar tracks. I feel I get a lot of my mid guitar tone through that plug in!