New Drummer/Severe

IntoPhagist

FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!
Sep 26, 2005
New York City and Around
At the ny show last night, during severe emotional distress, the drum fills at some point idn what happen but he totally fucked up twice and it sounded horrible like a 5 year old was banging on the drums...anyone else notice this? the sound was terrible too, too bad, next time play at bb kings guys, you sound tight and great there.

That's a little harsh. Everyone's got a bad night now and then. Being a drummer it's a little easier to notice mistakes and takes a little bit more time to recover from it too.

When I saw them on Tuesday night, he was doing a great job IMHO. That's the joy of having to see a band live, you get to see that everyone has imperfections... even professionals have off nights.

With that being said, I love the new additions to the band. And give the guy a little credit. The ink's barely dry on his contract (so to speak) before he's off on an extensive 4 week national tour.

As far as the sound... That's the clubs issue, not the bands. Toads place has some of the best sound around here and it was the FIRST time I was able to hear everyone clearly.

-Metal

Idn, me and a couple friends were talking to the drummer after the show, seemed like a very cool guy, but he kind sounded like he wasn't doing what he wanted, i can definitly see this guy leaving the band soon.

I saw them at toad's and yeah it was a bit rough the first song but he was spot on in time for splintered visions. most bands are pretty sloppy their first song dude, adjusting to everything.

The club (gramercy) had a 100db limit as far as I was told. Soundwise, that gives you pretty much no headroom to mix with. That's the first time I've ever heard of that, personally. I think the soundguy was quite frustrated with the room.

He was quite awesome on Sunday. I'm pretty sure he dropped one stick for a second but he picked it up and continued right back into the song. I may be wrong.

Idn, me and a couple friends were talking to the drummer after the show, seemed like a very cool guy, but he kind sounded like he wasn't doing what he wanted, i can definitly see this guy leaving the band soon.

Steve is a very cool guy, and he's doing exactly what he wants to do right now.

"Support music, not rumors."

-Chuck Schuldiner

Rumors? i talked to him in person.........Yeah was pretty spot on every other song, but the mistakes were so loud and bad i started laughing......That song never sounds good live idn......Timeless winter and nothing were fucking tight though.

I wasn't at that show, but I know in Minnesota he was spot on. I didn't catch any mistakes. and i have to say, his facial expressions are awesome. I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a drummer as much as I did that show.
"NEW GUYS KICK ASS!"

hey i dont remember anything but a good show that night but my band said that was the night my kick triggers went out so that would explain the horror show, as for me seeming like im not into it as far im concerned im in the best metal band in the world and there is no one else i would rather play with

I saw them at Mark's Showplace in Bedford NH with Jim Austin and they screwed up so badly after the first chorus that they had to stop and restart the song. The rest of the show was amazing though. When I saw them with Steve at the middle east in boston the drums were perfect

everybody has bad days...everyone. and for every bad performance there's 100 good ones. so stop complaining

I saw them at Mark's Showplace in Bedford NH with Jim Austin and they screwed up so badly after the first chorus that they had to stop and restart the song. The rest of the show was amazing though. When I saw them with Steve at the middle east in boston the drums were perfect

everybody has bad days...everyone. and for every bad performance there's 100 good ones. so stop complaining

Was that September 2006?

-Metal