New DVD

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
Here's what Chuck wrote on twitter:

Come out and join us Friday Feb. 15 at the paramount Theatre in Huntington ,NY. We will be filming a 90 minute live DVD for Nuclear Blast.

Is that a good venue? I hope the house will be packed despite the late announcement and the fact that it's not on weekend. Hopefully they'll mix the setlist up a little bit too.

I wish they would change the setlist and play some rare stuff...nice to see "riding the snake"

i would like to hear at least one song from each record (that didn't was on the previous live records)

-blessed in contempt
-face in the sky/malcpractice/seven day of may
-return to serenity/deadline
-chasing fear
-hatred rise
-true believer

they should do more than 15 songs and release a double live album...

I agree with all you said. Some other songs I'd like to see included would be:

- Do or Die
- A day of reckoning
- Time is coming
- Absence of Light
- One Man's Fate
- The Ritual
- As the seasons grey
- Troubled Dreams
- All I could bleed
- Distorted lives
- Careful what you wish for
- Killing Season
- Leave me forever
- Dangers of the faithless
- A day in the death.

Well, at least we get to hear ONE rare song, i.e. Riding the Snake.

Sounds promising, as long as the extra songs aren't "Over the Wall", "Alone in the Dark", "Eerie Inhabitants", "Disciples of the Watch", "The Preacher". Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but they're terribly overplayed and already present on the previous live recordings.

I looked at the Paramont site and it looks similiar to the LC Pavilion in Columbus, OH. That is a nice venue so unless the camera people are drinking they should have good camera angles.

There might be an even longer set now, because Overkill cancelled due to illness.

That sucks about Overkill, but yeah that could be good news for us if Testament decides to play a few extra tunes for the dvd. Sounds good to me.

Yeah, it'd be great if they could give some more obscure songs a shot at the end of the show (and have them included on the dvd or not, depending on the outcome), do a medley of various songs or a jam session (play some blues or confusion fusion) or perform a cover or whatever unexpected stuff. I'd love it to be a little more than a standard, rehearsed, well-executed Testament concert with splendid musicianship and everybody playing their role perfectly. Something extra to make up to the crowd for the lack of Overkill and for a more interesting DVD would be great.

Wait, but that show did already happen, right? I have to check the setlist then...

Here's what I found:

Rise Up
More Than Meets the Eye
Burnt Offerings
Native Blood
True American Hate
Dark Roots of Earth
Into the Pit
Practice What You Preach
Riding the Snake
Eyes of Wrath
Trial By Fire
The Haunting
The New Order
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days of Darkness
The Formation of Damnation
Over The Wall
Disciples of the Watch

If that's true, then it sucks. Only 2 additional songs and the 2 most predictable ones. If they really had to choose the "classics", I'd rather they had played "Electric Crown", "Sins of Omission" or "The Legacy".

The concert was great but I think they should have played more songs than 18. Venue was great but typical NY crowd ==not packed and into the 1st half of the show but then died down.

They should have filmed it in SF. I knew this going in. Stage was good and so was the lighting. I thought their sound system was good to go. Setlist noted above looks accurate.

Highlight for me was Disciples, DROE, Rise Up and Burnt Offerings.