New Exodus video

esloan

Jul 14, 2010
Other than Slayer (and maybe even more so), no other thrash band has kept closer to its roots than Exodus. Pure thrash with every album. No softening up (Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth), no experimenting with nu-metal cliches (Slayer on Diabolus in Musica) and no death metal flirtation (Testament). Just pure thrash.

The new Exodus video is out and it kicks all kinds of ass. Rob Dukes is getting closer and closer to the old "Zetro" vocal style and nearly channels him in the latest album and this video. The song is just amazing and the video is pretty damn good too. Check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exodus are still one of my faves, pure f***in Thrash! i have seen them 3 times live, first time with Zetro, 2 times with Rob, unfortunately not with Paul.

Exodus are still one of my faves, pure f***in Thrash! i have seen them 3 times live, first time with Zetro, 2 times with Rob, unfortunately not with Paul.

I saw 'em twice with Zetro, once with Paul and once with Dukes. I actually prefer Zetro to any of them but Paul (of course) is classic and Dukes is starting to really fit in well.

This shows that a band can change singers but not radically change their style and succeed. Exodus is in no way a huge band but they have certainly put together a nice career for themselves.

i agree with you, they changed singers but they stayed true to their roots and their fanbase is at least as big as before if not bigger today. "Force Of Habit" was the only album of theirs with a more commercial sound and they broke up after it instead of putting out washout after washout like Bushthrax after White Noise.

I have always loved the Exodus guitar tone. Makes me want to go out and stab someone violently =)

The current vocalist sounds okay, but he looks like a huge fat fuck on stage. I guess it doesn't really matter but just looks funny being that this is Exodus.

But yeah Exodus has stayed really true. Same with Kreator

Hm, i loved Tempo Of The Damned, everything else they put out until then was just generic i think. Oh and that video you posted totally sounds like metalcore to me in places. But whatever, i've seen them live a few times and they always rocked, although i really think they should just play the whole Tempo Of The Damned album :D

I have always loved the Exodus guitar tone. Makes me want to go out and stab someone violently =)

That's a comment that would get the conservative crusaders of moral panic dribbling....
It's not only offensive lyrics that influence people in a bad way, but also certain guitar tones.

Is Tipper Gore aware of this?

i like every Exodus-album except for 'Force Of Habit' but especially their old records make me want to go out and help old ladies across the street. *g*

some of FOH is good, some is NOT, "Thorn In My Side" sounds to poppy for Exodus IMO, like a watered down version of "Toxic Waltz", like if Ratt tried to sound like Exodus and i don't give a ratt's ass about Ratt. *gg*