New Fates Warning song premiered on the 11th Hour Pod Cast

I'm loving this! Jarzombek is doing some really crazy double bass stuff that's lower in the mix. Aresti's solo here is better than any of the solos he played on the Arch/Matheos album. Alder sounds excellent. This band never ceases to amaze me. Between this album and the new Dream Theater, I'm going to be a very happy fanboy next month!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I'll wait until it sinks in a little before deciding whether good or bad. Definitely different though...

I'm sure it's not the heaviest song on the record and I'm sure it's not the best. This is exactly what I wanted to just to give me a flavor of what's coming. Now that I have it, I can wait till release date with no problems. I'm sure it's probably leaked on a few sites, but I have no interest. Fates Warning releases were always special days for me, and I intend to have another, possibly last one. Alder sounds pretty darn awesome. We can thak Nick for keeping him busy with Redemption.

Been on repeat for an hour on my phone,and through my crappy blue tooth it sounds amazing
Different feel than the other one,more an Engine/Katatonia vibe..
Ray really shines on this one

The 1st song really grew on me after a few plays. "Firefly" has touches of Engine with the riffing and Ray harkens back to an earlier day, sounding like circa "Inside Out" era.
As always, very anticipated & haven't been disappointed yet in all these years

TwizstedJesus, your description of "Firefly" is pretty spot-on. That is one amazing song! So far, the boys are two for two!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert