NEW FEAR FACTORY 'Archetype'

sorry everyone but I have some real bad news for you...I have a copy of archetype (please dont ask me how I got it) and it sux badly!

now before you all start flamming and going of your nut at me I am a hardcore factory fan and have been since the release of demanufacture, but this album seriously sux! I didnt mind digimortal (although I did think they had lost a bit of direction) but archetype bearly even sounds "factory like". Perhaps I was a bit to reved up after hearing it was gonna be more like soul of a new machine but even without any expectations its a very average album.

have lent it to a few factory friends of mine and have had no possitive feedback, its now gathering dust and likely will never end up in my stereo again...my only consolation is I got to see them live one more time!

:erk:

Ddue the album is seriously good. I don't know where you are coming from but myself, a huge Fear Factory fan even of the Gabber stuff they did, this album is 150x better than Digi and Obsolete. If you REALLy want an idea of how the album is set up the first track is it. The song "archetype" is a bit slow and not all that big of a deal (I like the remix version best) but the album is full of very aggressive metal that has not been heard from Fear Factory since "Demanufacture". I think if you listen to it for what it is and do not see it as "Demanufacture 2" then you will be very pleased by the album. I've had the album since February and I honest listen to it very offen. It is REALLY Good. So to each his own but to say that album sucks!? Dude, I am soo sure this album rocks that I'll efen host previews of the entire album for everyone to hear. I know people will be like what they hear.

bignella said:
sorry everyone but I have some real bad news for you...I have a copy of archetype (please dont ask me how I got it) and it sux badly!

now before you all start flamming and going of your nut at me I am a hardcore factory fan and have been since the release of demanufacture, but this album seriously sux! I didnt mind digimortal (although I did think they had lost a bit of direction) but archetype bearly even sounds "factory like". Perhaps I was a bit to reved up after hearing it was gonna be more like soul of a new machine but even without any expectations its a very average album.

have lent it to a few factory friends of mine and have had no possitive feedback, its now gathering dust and likely will never end up in my stereo again...my only consolation is I got to see them live one more time!

??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
What the hell do you consider "Good" music?

bignella said:

I think you're right in the sense that it doesn't sound like their last few things they've put out. That could be why I like it. Great record, they have evolved could be cos' they dropped that "load" Dino.
I would recommend this record to people that haven't cared for Fear Factory in the past.

I did expect something better musicaly on this new FFcd, they got some of the machines soul back with the heavyness, I give it a 7/10.

P.S... Why did they put that song Bite the hand that bleeds on there, it doesnt even sound like a FF tune and A nirvana cover what the hell!

Its a good album, overall. I liked the Nirvana cover. I love Slave Labor, Act of God, and Bonescraper. I wish the DVD could have shown more of them playing live.
I love the Cyberwaste video.