New FFaF Song "Niacin", New Mix, and Band Member Announcements!

friendforafoe

FFaF Guitarist/Producer
Oct 2, 2009
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
Hey peeps!

Thought I would pass the word that we're starting to announce band members each week and have also posted our newest song "Niacin" as a full instrumental on our myspace page :D We're also revamping a LOT of our stuff with the new mix as well as redoing everything in our "final" tuning of drop G!

Recorded through Nuendo 4 with a Schecter C7 Hellraiser w/Seymour Duncan PII Blackouts in drop G using Line 6 Pod Farm 2 (Deity Lead Preamp) and ReCabinet's Engl IR (Excel 4x12 6L6 57 Cap 1) through Voxengo Boogex. The bass is a Shecter Custom Stiletto 5-string through Pod Farm 2 (Motor City Cab and Amp). Of course we're still using Superior Drummer 2.0 with Metal Foundry and have started using Waves C4 and Izotope's Ozone 4 on the guitars and bass with Voxengo Curve EQ's 60-band setting (allows for tedious editing!) ... there's also a bunch more plug-ins we're using, but it's too many to list off the top of my head haha.

Everyone head to http://www.myspace.com/friendforafoe2 to check out our newest song "Niacin" and read the blog concerning band member announcements! Hope you guys like it!

Cheers,
Chris

Please send me the mp3's to Niacin and Breaking the walls of trepidation to BugsyHewitt@gmail.com .. Id like to lay down a few vocal tracks.. See if we are on anywhere near similar pages. Thanks

- Rob

guitar editing is a bit harsh at around 1:30, aside from that, fucking ace.

guitars sound fucking sweet, and not the usual cali diamond plate + treadplate cab, you've done a good job.

only thing i could critique, is that i though ffaf was funeral for a friend.. aha.

thanks,

Hey fellas, glad you enjoyed it! As far as the vocals are concerned, we actually have two vocalists (one of which I'm sure you know), but we're keeping them under wraps until they're announced. Just a little promotional scheme we're doing, but if you google us, you'll see some of the rumors floating around as far as who it may be (and a lot of stuff dealing with Need for Speed, Spiderman, and that Euro duo TATU lol).

The mixes I hear are the usual Superior Drummer and Big Bottom amp combo or the Cali-Diamondplate and Slate drums combo ... thought I would push for something different! Glad you liked it!

As far as the Funeral for a Friend thing, unfortunately we have the same acronym, but I've been doing Friend For A Foe for a while as well (albeit not as long) and don't plan on changing the name anytime soon ... good band though!