New GATES OF SLUMBER EP

Finally downloaded it and gave it a proper spin this morning.
Seems they have gone back to more of their Saint Vitus worship and less Rainbow / Deep Purple worship that started to creep in around Conqueror.

While the tunes are still great, I feel it doesnt truly capture their capabilities as a band.
They have already mastered this core true US doom sound.

Well, maybe they just wrote some tunes that were quick and easy to put together, knowing it was going to be a freebie anyhow.

You would be correct Lee.
That is their only album that I never heard.
No reason, just never got around to purchasing it.

Did they abandon what they started with Conqueror and Hymns, and went back to more of the Awakening / Suffer sound, I presume?

Anyhow, I do like this EP now that I have listened to it about three times.
As I said, its just not really new ground for them.

You would be correct Lee.
That is their only album that I never heard.
No reason, just never got around to purchasing it.

Did they abandon what they started with Conqueror and Hymns, and went back to more of the Awakening / Suffer sound, I presume?

Anyhow, I do like this EP now that I have listened to it about three times.
As I said, its just not really new ground for them.

The Wretch is the only one of theirs I have heard.

I don't know if they still do this, or maybe it's only for certain Scion releases -- but if you send them an email on the Scion AV site, they'll send you a physical copy in the mail 100% free, postage included. I scored a Wormrot 10'' that way and I know Immolation and Enslaved Scion albums pop up on Ebay from time to time...

I don't know if they still do this, or maybe it's only for certain Scion releases -- but if you send them an email on the Scion AV site, they'll send you a physical copy in the mail 100% free, postage included. I scored a Wormrot 10'' that way and I know Immolation and Enslaved Scion albums pop up on Ebay from time to time...

That's very cool. I need to get on that.

The band posted on FB that they are giving out physical copies if you order any merch item from their webshop.
I had to give them my email to get a link to perform the download.
I guess I can go to the site and try. Thanks.

Thank you sir!!!
I emailed them and got an email back that I contacted them just in time as they are going quick!!!!!!

GET ON IT DOOM DOGS!!!