New Guitar Day - custom 7 string Carvin (pics)

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
Here are some pics (average quality, taken with cellphone camera) of my new Carvin DC727 (or KZ727 as I like to call it ;) )

29042010031.jpg

29042010021.jpg

29042010024.jpg

29042010025.jpg

29042010026.jpg

29042010027.jpg

29042010028.jpg

29042010029.jpg

29042010032.jpg

29042010034.jpg

29042010035.jpg

Holy shit!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! What pickups are they?
How much did it cost and how how long did you have to wait for it??? Clips please....

Καλόπαιχτη ρε φίλε!!!! Είναι πανέμορφη!!!! Έχω κι εγώ μια 6-χορδη και πιστεύω πως τα σπάνε άσχημα οι κιθάρες αυτές!!!!

Thanks guys!

I've only played it for about an hour or so but I'm really satisfied so far. I will definitely need to make some adjustments to make it suit my style better though. I'm replacing the pickups and I'm going to install thicker strings. The only problem I have is that it's too noisy, I'm not good with electronics but I think it has something to do with grounding. When I touch the strigns or the volume pot the noise stops. I'm going to have the guitar tech have a look when I change the pickups.

Holy shit!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! What pickups are they?
How much did it cost and how how long did you have to wait for it??? Clips please....

Καλόπαιχτη ρε φίλε!!!! Είναι πανέμορφη!!!! Έχω κι εγώ μια 6-χορδη και πιστεύω πως τα σπάνε άσχημα οι κιθάρες αυτές!!!!

Ευχαριστω!

It still has the stock pickups but I'm replacing them with a dimarzio crunch lab (bridge) and seymour duncan '59 (neck).
The price, including shipping and custom taxes, was almost 2000euros. I got it in 10 (looong) weeks. Unfortunately carvin recently changed their policy and they sell guitars through dealers so the price is a little higher now.

That thing looks beautiful. I'm a big Carvin fan myself. What neck wood is that, walnut? The Diamond inlays look really good. By changing their policy do you just mean overseas? I believe you can still buy factory direct in the states.

Cheers,
George.

That thing looks beautiful. I'm a big Carvin fan myself. What neck wood is that, walnut? The Diamond inlays look really good. By changing their policy do you just mean overseas? I believe you can still buy factory direct in the states.

Cheers,
George.

Yes, the neck is 5 piece walnut-maple and the body swamp ash.
And yes, sorry I wasn't clear before, I meant overseas.

Looks amazing Kimon, congrats! What made you go for Swamp Ash and Walnut/maple?

Thanks man.

About the woods...I have a schecter which is mahogany and wanted to try something different. I had the jeff loomis signature model from schecter in mind when I chose to go with ash. I went with the walnut/maple because walnut is supposed to be a little less bright than maple and carvin guitars are already known for being bright sounding guitars...plus it looked cool ;).