New Guns N Roses???

G&R was always one of those bands that I didn't mind listening to if they were playing on the radio, but I could never bring myself to buy anything of theirs. Oh well....(shrug).

~Brian~

Well I won't be there this year. I thought that was the same with you?

It was, opportunity came a knockin' and I'll be there... :)

Arguing over guitarists who are more about style than technique, is a conversation destined for no where. It's all about what blows your skirt up. If someone thinks Slash is the shit, so be it.

Zod

Which is why I mentioned the Cobain/DiMeola thing. Apples & Oranges.
Plus, I have to give Sean some grief every once in a while. :) The original GnR was a band greater than the sum of its parts, IMO.

Thats your opinion mean old man! LOL I love Slash and no one can change that opinion. Slash is by far better than the other guys combined. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Wow, I have to say something here...I wasn't going to but...Slash is great player, great for what he does. But Buckethead :zombie: The guy is not human on many levels, but technically he is light years above slash. All things being relative, GNR was never really about technical prowess, however Slash and Buckethead are not only in the same league they belong on different planets. i have seen Buckethead several times and always leave his shows looking like this :OMG:

It was, opportunity came a knockin' and I'll be there... :)

orly0ve.jpg

...wait wait...screw guitar playing--let me know when Slash can do this

as far as the new GnR, not likely that I'll be even interested in going out of my way to look for it in a store.

Last edited by a moderator:
yall see this on blabbermouth today?

California blogger Kevin Skwerl, who posted nine newly leaked "Chinese Democracy" tracks last week on the Antiquiet web site, spoke to Sky News's Martin Stanford for a three-and-a-half-minute report which can be viewed below.

Skwerl reportedly used to work in the distribution department of Universal Music and is now a web designer. He told Rolling Stone that he got the music from an "anonymous online source." He also explained he was initially told to take the files down by "a really cool guy from the GN'R camp that was a middleman between someone who was very angry and me. He was trying to reach out and see if I'd go without a fight, which is more or less what I did."

The blogger thought the ordeal was over until two young FBI officers he described as "Mulder and Scully types" showed up at his day job and questioned him for 15 minutes. "It was kind of an ambush," Skwerl said. "When I came back from lunch, they were waiting in the lobby for me. It's a little creepy they know where I work."

As for any potential legal trouble, Skwerl isn't too worried because he only streamed the tracks. "It's a legal gray area since it wasn't for download, it wasn't a finished product. We aren't sure who owns the recordings. I feel like I might survive this."

I missed that. Hopefully that's the first and last time someone uses Cobain. And DiMeola in the same sentence.

No prob, :) I'll try not to have to use 2 diametrical opposites like that again! :saint:

More like Cheesdoodles and Astroturf.
Zod

Exactly! :lol:

yall see this on blabbermouth today?

California blogger Kevin Skwerl, who posted nine newly leaked "Chinese Democracy" tracks last week on the Antiquiet web site, spoke to Sky News's Martin Stanford for a three-and-a-half-minute report which can be viewed below.

Skwerl reportedly used to work in the distribution department of Universal Music and is now a web designer. He told Rolling Stone that he got the music from an "anonymous online source." He also explained he was initially told to take the files down by "a really cool guy from the GN'R camp that was a middleman between someone who was very angry and me. He was trying to reach out and see if I'd go without a fight, which is more or less what I did."

The blogger thought the ordeal was over until two young FBI officers he described as "Mulder and Scully types" showed up at his day job and questioned him for 15 minutes. "It was kind of an ambush," Skwerl said. "When I came back from lunch, they were waiting in the lobby for me. It's a little creepy they know where I work."

As for any potential legal trouble, Skwerl isn't too worried because he only streamed the tracks. "It's a legal gray area since it wasn't for download, it wasn't a finished product. We aren't sure who owns the recordings. I feel like I might survive this."

Wow...that's not good. Hope he has a good cheap lawyer if they decide to take him to court... Wonder who the really angry guy was? :heh:

It's sad. To be punished for releasing what Axl calls GnR...I have spent a few hours on it,viewing it as music instead of comparing it to GnR,and its got some strong points to it,along with the WTF was he thinking questions. IRS and The Blues are both good songs,There Was A Time is not too bad,Rhiad and the Beduoins blows,Better is quite good in parts,Chinese Democracy and Madagascar are weak,and the two untitled songs should remain so,there isn't much good in either of them.

Overall rating...71 out of 100

Comparisons...A notch below The Spaghetti Incident

Sales...If it ever comes out,the good songs will be shoved down your throat and it will sell at least Platinum in a month.

I'll take this bet. Nothing goes platinum any more. The GnR fan base has moved on, and the kids don't give a rats ass about some bloated, spoiled redhead.

Zod

I think you'll be surprised. The band sells a lot of tickets when touring.

And Disturbed's latest went platinum. Daughtry's went 4xPlatinum.

That said I won't be surprised if this album goes platinum or if it only goes gold.

Lil Wayne almost debuted platinum a couple weeks ago, werd!

Go figure. But yeah, platinum any more unless you're a decent sized Country act, big rap star or highly promoted rock outfit, pretty much the lottery.

Case in point, new Judas Priest debuted at what, #11 or something on Billboard? That was around 35k in sales or less if I recall.

I think you'll be surprised. The band sells a lot of tickets when touring.
That's because people go to hear songs from Appetite. They won't hear songs from Appetite on the new disc.

And Disturbed's latest went platinum.
I'm aware Disturbed sells alot of CDs. However, Disturbed is a current, relevant artist. GnR is Axl and four guys no one has heard of, and he hasn't been relevant in more than a decade.

Motley Crue sold roughly 80,000 during the debut week. For Axl and friends to go platinum within a month, they would need to triple that number, and then maintain that tripled number for four weeks. In the absence of a big hit, I don't see that happening.

Zod

That's because people go to hear songs from Appetite. They won't hear songs from Appetite on the new disc.

I'm aware Disturbed sells alot of CDs. However, Disturbed is a current, relevant artist. GnR is Axl and four guys no one has heard of, and he hasn't been relevant in more than a decade.

Motley Crue sold roughly 80,000 during the debut week. For Axl and friends to go platinum within a month, they would need to triple that number, and then maintain that tripled number for four weeks. In the absence of a big hit, I don't see that happening.

Zod
Plus, MOTLEY CRUE has the nostalgia thing going for them with a new studio album with all the original members. First time in eleven years.