New here and to the band

deadbeatchad

Not Really a Deadbeat
Sep 15, 2004
Heard of Nevermore for years but never gotten around to checking them out. Being 31 years old, I have heard my share of metal music, but somehow missed the boat when comes to these guys.

I bought Dead Heart in a Dead World a couple months ago and I like it alot.

I just also recently purchased the Sanctuary CD's as well, and I can see why they don't play anything from them, 2 different vocal styles...yes, definitley need a couple helium tanks on stage to pull of Battle Angels or Die for my Sins :headbang:

Wasn't Warrel a bad alcoholic or something? I read that a long time ago in an interview in Metal Edge magazine a few years back.

Not sure where to go next in my findings for Nevermore albums. I heard a couple tracks off Enemies of Reality and didn't care for it, and not because of the production. I am thinking Nevermore and The Politics of Ecstasy.

Everyone has there own ideas here I have to recommend

This Godless Endeavor

This is easily one the best metal albums in the last 10 years, great stuff here.

Trust me, give Enemies a few listens. It'll grow on you like herpes on your balls after a bad encounter with a whore... The remaster that is. Although I played the original version out until I got the remaster, and just continued with that one. :)

Dreaming Neon Black was the first Nevermore album I bought.. and I bought it because I heard the Jeff Loomis guitar solo that he did when he was 16 years old at a guitar contest. I was totally blown away by the fact that he could do that at 16, so I found DNB, thought the dead chick on the cover was classy and bought it. The CD doesn't leave me CD player often.

Every other CD is essential too.. This Godless Endeavor has some of the best riffage and most ripping guitar solos i've heard. Damn good album... Was my favorite from 2005 by a long shot.

Welcome to the forums btw. :wave:

Just stay away from post that ask what the band members would look like as women. Creepy, YUCK!:puke:

Enemies of Reality does it for me. It's a little more straight forward metal and Loomis cuts loose all over it. I would also say it has some of his more melodic solos as well.

Devy_Metal said:
theyre all ESSENTIAL except for the self titled. but get dead heart, politics, godless endeavor, dreaming neon black and in memory. not necessarily in that order...

I like how everyone forgets Enemies of Reality, ahahah. But it's a pretty forgettable album. The self-titled, however, is very necessary.

Decadancer said:
I take it you're not a Bowie fan, then?

I just don't sit around wondering what men look like as women...that's an ok thing not to think about. You guys can do what you like...I just think it's a little odd...oh yeah...and very gay!

yea. talk about bullshit...i made a thread asking what songs nevermore fans have heard live, and someone said it was a stupid thread....but then someone makes a thread about what wd would look like as a fucking woman and it's the best fuckin thread in the past week on this board! wtf is that shit?