New Hertz production - Lost Soul

zvish

Jan 2, 2008
¯\(°_o)/¯
edit: aaaa sorry Lasse wrong forum....:<

check new album of Lost Soul guys:

here is one of the songs

here is studio report

IMO this album is one of the best death metal albums in history of Polish death metal, and one of best sounding from Hertz ;) probably better and faster than newest Behemoth ajeee ;P drummer is sick, I must check them live \m/.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened this againt yesterday night, my fav and probably best Wieslawski bro production with OH imo.

Best pictures of what Polish studio can do:headbang:

Cool production in its own right, though I also prefer the sound of Organic Hallucinosis. It does sound like they go a little bit heavy handed on the sample replacement. The balances aren't quite as good as OH, with the vocals very up front and dry, with the kicks seemingly modulating or 'fluttering' the mix. It just sounds a little bit too full-on and fatiguing to me. OH was pushing things too, mastering-wise, but the good balance saved it.

Good to hear them still doing their thing.

Must agree that the Organic Hallucinosis mix is Hertz brothers best yet. The vocals are far too much in the front on the Lost Soul album for my taste and the drums sound a bit too robotic but I'm guessing that's the sound the band was aiming for.

In the studio report I noticed that they recorded four channel for each guitar - sound's massive.

I agree with Ermz about the kicks, sometimes the blasts sound really weird like there is something else triggering or something... that and the vocals are too up front for my tastes as well. Other than that it's another quality product out of Hertz, guys are becoming some of my fave mix engineers with this, OH and that epic Kronos album.

The vocals are far too much in the front on the Lost Soul album for my taste

Agreed. Also, he's the typical kind of a polish vocalist, like the kind of a growl/shout hybrid. Could be more aggressive, but that isn't really a matter of production here anyway.

The music is fucking kickass.

In the studio report I noticed that they recorded four channel for each guitar - sound's massive.

In fact, Jacek simply quad tracks main guitar and harmony guitar for each songs:lol:

I'm really curious about what amp was used (still Hector?)...