Black Metal (venom cover)
Dead Sky Dawning
The Eraser
Apocalypse
Mind Corruption
Scrutinized
Compulsive Psychosis
Fearless

also you should check out Bloodbath, their second full length has Peter Tagtren on vocals

here are some of their best songs with Peter:

Outnumbering the Day
Feeding the Undead
Eaten
Cancer of the Soul

also you should check out Bloodbath, their second full length has Peter Tagtren on vocals

here are some of their best songs with Peter:

Outnumbering the Day
Feeding the Undead
Eaten
Cancer of the Soul

Fuck it, listen to the entire album, greatest Death Metal record ever created!

i agree with shamateur, get your own opinion and listen to all albums... maybe you can do this in order to see the "evolution" of the band... that is a really great exercise

@Dib

chill out!! "blackashinheritance" just asked a question so we're just responding by giving our feedback from what we know is the best songs!!!!

@shamateur

sorry but I'm not sure what you are trying to say??? :loco: if you mean can he make his own decision, then I say yes and nobody is trying to make any decision for him. we are simply giving our feedback on Hypocrisy!!!! isn't that what this forum is for?????

I agree with above--get the 10 Years of to get a good taster...

I disagree with that, really that's mostly their old old raw death stuff (And personally I wouldn't recommend penetralia/osculumobscenum to a DT/IF fan)

cop all these newjack:

Unfold The Sorrow
Roswell 47
Paradox
Let The Knife Do The Talking
Fire In The Sky
When The Candle Fades
All Turns Black
Living To Die
Request Denied
Slippin' Away
The Arrival Of The Demons (Part II)

if you like em I'd recommend buying the self-titled, Abducted, Into the Abyss, or Virus

Seems that they kick-ass! But to which bands are Hypocrisy compared to the most? I know they're melodic death metal, so are they any similar to In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, or At The Gates?

naa.
DT is more acousticy/melodic,
in flames is solid gothenburg,
at the gates I never much cared for (They're like a weak version of Edge of Sanity to me (get your hands on Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow if you don't have it already))

Honestly I'd compare hypocrisy more to Amon Amarth (who Peter (lead singer/rhythm guitarist/producer of Hypocrisy) produces for) and Wyrd (an atmospheric mid tempo black metal band). maybe Insomnium is similar, but I can't think of many melodic-death bands who are quite like hypocrisy (especially when you realize hypocrisy have changed much over the 10 years of albums, catch 22 is very accessable/clean/commercial like Norther, Penetralia is very raw like Immolation, self-titled is very moody/slow (but not gayish like Swallow the Sun, more like Saturnus), virus is more brutal like Bloodbath)

listen to the tracks people recommend and you'll see they're very difficult to compare to anyone because no one really captures the same style at all (and they're better than any band I mentioned above)

Why wouldn't he does it by himself?

Hypocrisy has more than 100 songs, maybe he wants a good starting point (cos if you don't like any of a band's most recommended 10 or so songs you probably wont like much at all so you wont want to waste any more time on them). a good first impression is important if for no other reason than most people don't have all fuckin day to listen to music.

Seditious
The way I understand that I like this or that band is buying or getting somewhere their album (or few). After listening a couple of songs my opnion is ready. It was when I had discovered Kataklysm and later Aborted. By the way, 7 years ago I was needed only one song to understand that Hypocrisy is the band wich I will put inside myself and bring through whole my life.

Sorry, I thought that most of all has the same. :))

Seditious
The way I understand that I like this or that band is buying or getting somewhere their album (or few). After listening a couple of songs my opnion is ready. It was when I had discovered Kataklysm and later Aborted. By the way, 7 years ago I was needed only one song to understand that Hypocrisy is the band wich I will put inside myself and bring through whole my life.

Sorry, I thought that most of all has the same. :))

I tend to do that also, but sometimes I'm simply not in the mood and I just want to know 'ok, what are their best songs' to cut to the chase. (my God, imagine those precious hours I would have if I hadn't had to listen to whole Lamb of God or Killswitch or Canorus Quintet albums because instead I had discovered their best songs are shit right away!)

Seditious
I understand you. But on my experience it is rather better to discover new excellent band by yourself. Indescribable feelings! It blows you inside out when something new divine melodies flow you away...

Seditious
I understand you. But on my experience it is rather better to discover new excellent band by yourself. Indescribable feelings! It blows you inside out when something new divine melodies flow you away...

doesn't make a difference to me whether I find the band myself or someone recommends em, they still sound good or shit either way.

go download the 'Nebelhorn' song 'Einst Freunde'. You may get more satisfaction out of it if you stumble across it in 20 years time, but why wait :lol:

hybridwar

i just told that because hypocrisy has a difference in each albums... maybe he can download them to find his preference and then buy the album... only an advice ;)

now i think that 100 or more songs are too much like seditious says

maybe 1 or 2 songs per album to make himself an opinion???

Seditious
"doesn't make a difference to me whether I find the band myself or someone recommends em..."
I'm not talking about it. The author said he likes Hypocrisy and asked us to recommend other good songs and albums. If I were him I would searching for it myself. That's the difference.

i would recomend blooddrench, fearless, killing art, eraser, buried, new world, dont judge me, inseminated adoption, last vanguard and sodomized