New hotel deal for attendees

Just the simple fact that it was half of what the Artmore would have cost and I saved $400 made it worth it. Yeah we had to take a cab home on Friday and Saturday and yeah we couldn't walk to and from the venue made it a little bit of an inconvenience. But overall the room was decent sized, clean, staff were friendly. I just wish the breakfast buffet was a little more reasonably priced as $14 is a little steep.

Other thanhaving to wake up at 8 for the special sat morning redemption show I basicly slept through what was breakfast.....
However,did take advantage of walking to the Varsity once,which was waycool(doing this only once is the key,though all thoughts of trying to eat healthy on Prog Power weekend generally become an excersise in epic failure)
The gym was kinda beat up,did get a quick chest set in,however,its more than close enough to the LA Fitness for next time(Tara used thw cardio equip and had no issues,though she missed the free weights she usually uses)

Exit at the North Avenue MARTA train station - it is two stops before the Arts Center train station when heading there from the airport. It's about 2 miles from the venue. To give you an idea of its location, it's located near The Varsity restaurant.

NOTE: the last train runs at 1:30am

~Jen

Om nom nom, the Varsity. From what I hear, thems eats! :worship:

Wait, no-one booked one of their hot-tub rooms? Dang! :)

The Melia, which was known as the Pierremont Hotel back in the day, was THE hotel for Dragon*Con in its first and second years, in 1987 and 1988. I was kinda sad to leave it behind when we outgrew it. Decent hotel and a really nice rooftop bar or eatery, unless it's been closed since then.

For those coming in for Dragon*Con next year and combining it with ProgPower since they're only a week apart (less, really), I think the Melia is part of Dragon*Con's numerous overflow hotels.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! After this year's booking/reservation drama, I will not be at the Artmore next year. I tried the Residence Inn, but they were already booked. So now I am at the Courtyard on Tech. We stayed there a few years back with Amanda, Lara and the two Juliens. They were a very nice and accommodating hotel and aren't that far from the venue.

Wait, no-one booked one of their hot-tub rooms? Dang!

The Melia, which was known as the Pierremont Hotel back in the day, was THE hotel for Dragon*Con in its first and second years, in 1987 and 1988. I was kinda sad to leave it behind when we outgrew it. Decent hotel and a really nice rooftop bar or eatery, unless it's been closed since then.

For those coming in for Dragon*Con next year and combining it with ProgPower since they're only a week apart (less, really), I think the Melia is part of Dragon*Con's numerous overflow hotels.

I remember knowing about Dragon*Con in those days, when I actually lived down there. Always wanted to go, but given I was a teenager, I didn't have the ability. It has always amazed me how huge Dragon*Con got.