New Iced Earth Single

TBJ

Dec 5, 2002
Carrboro, NC
Visit site
So I just downloaded(through ITunes) the new Iced Earth single...

The new song has not blown me away yet, but listening to the other 3 songs....Jon, you NEED to re-do all the vocals of Framing Armageddon with Matt.

That was the way it was meant to be in the first place.:headbang:

The Clouding...drools..

Please, NO. Jon needs to STOP re-recording shit whenever he switches vocalists. (Yeah, I know the Trilogy wasn't entirely his idea, whatever...)

Please, NO. Jon needs to STOP re-recording shit whenever he switches vocalists. (Yeah, I know the Trilogy wasn't entirely his idea, whatever...)

I have to disagree. Listening to Setian Massacre and The Clouding with Matt on vocals made me realize why he needs to do this. :heh:

Allow me to throw some change in here.

As much as I love Matt's voice over Ripper's, there's NO WAY IN HELL that Matt coulda got the same reaction from me on Gettysburg. That is Ripper's finest work, and magic was captured there. Matt's best effort would have a very tough time outdoing Tim's performance on that epic.

Allow me to throw some change in here.

As much as I love Matt's voice over Ripper's, there's NO WAY IN HELL that Matt coulda got the same reaction from me on Gettysburg. That is Ripper's finest work, and magic was captured there. Matt's best effort would have a very tough time outdoing Tim's performance on that epic.

But you are just talking about one song(albeit a long one). dont get me wrong. I like Ripper. I really liked his performance on Jugulator. But after 1 more album with Judas, and 2 with Iced Earth I feel like he is a one-trick pony. Every song is like this:Scream, scream, mid range pseudo-dramatic voice, scream, scream, repeat ad nauseaum.

I am still very interested in his stuff with Yngwie. Hopefully Yngwie uses a real studio and producer this time.

What about Jon's statement of "we don't have extra tracks laying around as B-sides" don't you understand? Iced Earth isn't the kind of band that's going to whip up a B-side quickly just to slap it on the record.

It just so happens that he's been able to use the vocalist switches to his advantage for easy B-sides.

BTW - the single rips. Actually saw a few copies at Best Buy the other day for $7.99. :headbang:

I agree that Jon should stop re-recording everything.

+1...it's like he is trying to get acceptance/justification for the change. Just fuckin' stop...nobody really cares that much.

But you are just talking about one song(albeit a long one). dont get me wrong. I like Ripper. I really liked his performance on Jugulator. But after 1 more album with Judas, and 2 with Iced Earth I feel like he is a one-trick pony. Every song is like this:Scream, scream, mid range pseudo-dramatic voice, scream, scream, repeat ad nauseaum.

Kind of like Matt's one trick pony...warble, warble, Paul Stanley falsetto high, mumble, warble, warble, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc.

Kind of like Matt's one trick pony...warble, warble, Paul Stanley falsetto high, mumble, warble, warble, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc.

hah, i'm not gonna get into a bitch fight about who's better cause honestly opinions are like assholes...

however, telling me Matt is a one trick pony is an outright lie, just in one song he can change tones, moods and styles without any of them sounding out of place...Dante's Inferno for example??!:worship:

hah, i'm not gonna get into a bitch fight about who's better cause honestly opinions are like assholes...

however, telling me Matt is a one trick pony is an outright lie, just in one song he can change tones, moods and styles without any of them sounding out of place...Dante's Inferno for example??!:worship:

A lie? According to you? Biased? Umm he's a one trick pony...get over it. :lol::lol::lol:

A lie? According to you? Biased? Umm he's a one trick pony...get over it. :lol::lol::lol:

I'd pretty much disagree that Barlow is a one trick pony. His voice is incredibly diverse. I'm not so sure he succedes at everything he attempts, but i think he's a well rounded vocalist.

Ripper is actually pretty good, but I don't think he was right for Iced Earth. Still doesn't change the fact that Jon doesn't need to re-record Framing Armageddon.