New interview with kobi!

Folklore

Orphaned Avi (not drumer)
Sep 18, 2002
Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
www.metalisrael.com

Its a great site, here is the message from the editor:

yep, www.metalisrael.com is now in working format. We're still going to undergo some serious design modification and other improvements.

As we speak we have these items on the metal menu awaiting your perusal: there's an exclusive interview with Kobi Farhi of Orphaned Land, a review of Shworchtsechaye's "14 Minute Dive" as well as one of Borgo Pass' "Nervosa," and updates from Metalist regarding an exclusive interview with Moonsorrow.

There will be so much more within the next few days, including exclusive pictures of Betzefer's Jerusalem gig last month, CD reviews of a slew of Victory Records and Roadrunner releases and an exclusive interview w/ Yehi Zaken of Shworchtsechaye.

There will also be some serious archival activity of articles I've written in the past including interviews with Type O Negative, Anthrax, Betzefer and others.

Check it out!

And if you think you're someone I would give posting access to email me and I'll hook it up.

Artists and record companies beware: there are some people running around claiming they represent Metal Israel in the States, as of now we have no Metal Israel affiliate in the States but we will keep you posted.

very interesting interview indeed.
i think since the interviewer is very religious his opinions can be understood, and not as being an asshole that's for sure.
i have a lot to say about kobi's comments but i'm not sure if it would be right to talk about it in here, since this is a forum which emphasizes on music and not religious talks at all.. if it's not right to talk please avi delete this message.
I, even as a muslim, understand most of the things kobi states there and most of his feelings i share with him, and i'm sure along with many others. but they would cause some kind of doubts in many fans, mostly religious ones, maybe.. (not all of them I say)
especially the point where kobi says that he feels like some kind of an undercover agent. some people might feel uncomfortable about it.
I'd think it's not the same with atheists though, because probably an atheist listening to orphaned land is either focused only on the music, the melody or he has already accepted that religious bit in orphaned land's music (i don't say they accept religion, i say they already know that they are dancing to a religious song and are not arguing with it) but some little parts when you talk about christianity or jesus might make some religious (non-jewish) fans feel some doubts about what they are doing..
anyway, as i said i have a lot to say about this interview and they all start to mix in my mind so i'll finish here. as a summary i can say i learned more about judaism now and about kobi's religious views and now i understand orphaned land's concept better. (before this interview i knew kobi was religious in some way but no other reviews were so detailed) praising god, the one, from inside the darkness, in this tango between god and satan... that's what i get from orphaned land and please do continue, the storm shall rage until the orphaned land is holy again :worship: (literally speaking, you know :D )

Hey Avi, why you created a new thread for this interview? Why didn't you put it in the "We know you cant read 150 reviews..." sticky thread that includes interview links too?
I don't think also that a so religious interview have anything to do with a musical forum. This could easily hurt the band.
It's more like kobi's personal, idealistic interview.

I think the interview is very interesting and soooooooooo different from the "classic" promotional interviews (yes we've just released XXXX and it's our best album so far, see you on the road etc).

Dreamcell said:
Hey Avi, why you created a new thread for this interview? Why didn't you put it in the "We know you cant read 150 reviews..." sticky thread that includes interview links too?
I don't think also that a so religious interview have anything to do with a musical forum. This could easily hurt the band.
It's more like kobi's personal, idealistic interview.

Your right, but my goal here was to showyou the link to the site which has info about israeli bands.
I didnt notice that this is not a musical inteview, but a character on kobi, which I have to say he passed well concidering the awkward and sometimes offenssive question the interviewer asked him.

Although the embarrassing, kobi managed to show the true nature of the band and not swept to abysses of blind fanaticalism as displayed by the interviewer.

Saddly, every one of the three religions suffers from such people in their society. In my heart I feel that the biggest damage that could be done is by such people in my culture, but I know that if we`ll try to explain them that there`s true love in the book, they`ll understand, eventually, where they went wrong.
Most of those who read the bible know that there`s no hate nor racism written in it, but not all of the people know it and sometimes give faith a bad name by their misconceptions.

My brother Avi, i deeply respect and follow every word you wrote.
The main idea that all OL fans could stand on is that no interviewer and NOBODY can or will try to to change our feelings towards our beloved "Orphaned Land"!!!

Many tried, many will try but noone can or will succeed!!!

They can't even understand what's going on in here or between the fans around OL. Or at least give themselves the chance of trying to understand the idea that OL stand for and how difficult, at all cost, is to succeed in a so hard working way to combine relegions and worldwide different cultures under the same roof.

So come on people...at least OL and their fans are trying and make very good progress to a matter that politics and relegions failed...every big idealist suffered from his believes and for what he stand for.

I''m 100% beside OL and we're alltogether ready to change a bit of something to a world coming to an end, but there's always a hope no matter what. This is what i get from OL!!!

The point is that everyone has the right to have his personal opinion about everything that is around us.And as Voltaire said : "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
So Kobi has his own point of view about religion,politics,life. I have another opinion.All this situation,won't make me think different about Kobi or the band.
I agree with Unconscious.I am one of the most fans that don't understand hebrew and I like OL mostly of their music.I don't mind so much if someone tries to break through his religion or beliefs,in a language that i don't understand.
Also in the lyrics that are in english,I think that everyone of us is giving our own meaning according to our experiences and thoughts about life.
Someone can give to a song a content about love,another can "translate" it to the meaning of human virtues,another can give to the song the meaning of religion and God,etc.From 100 people that will listen to the same song it's possible to have 100 different points of view about it.
And i don't think that all these different opinions and meaning to the lyrics will bother the band or their fans.The band has already succeeded when they know that their songs have been loved by the fans.
We love OL , first of all as characters and secondly as a band and whatever they represent.