New interview with Martin

Thanks for the link, it was really interesting to read. :)

I like the straightforward answers Martin gives.

Great, thanks!

Well, Im glad Martin has confirmed my opinion on making more releases with bonus tracks for jap/aus markets, and basically assured me that buying the regular album is enough.

Hmm, Martin does not listen to any music. That's weird. Or is he kidding?

no he is not. this is what he told me. I guess that being a musician and having to listen and play to the same songs like 10 times a day for 4 months in a row is pretty much devastating. as niklas told, the music most musicians love to hear in their private lives is "silence".

Wicked stuff.

Possibilities of a Dimmu Borgir tour?!! Dayum. I have some freinds that will shit when they hear that!

My only slight concern would be that DT might get some shtick from dimmu's necro fanbase. I know She said destroy and To-mera were torn apart when they supported Emperor at their one off show in london. More To-Mera than She Said Destroy, but it was painful to watch... kvlt black metal fans booing and chatting shit about how it's "trendy goth shite". even though to-mera are excellent. I dunno, just would hate to see this happen to DT.

The one time I saw Dark Tranquillity was when they supported Chimaira, and alot of chimaira fans were being really disrespectful aswell... sort of ruined the day for me, despite DT being amazing on the night.

@Didl: I doubt he's kidding. sometimes I just stop listening for a while, or only listen to jazz... I've heard soooo much music and I'm only 20. I can imagine by the time I'm 30 all the music I love will already be in my heart, and I won't need to hear it all the time.

true, it's not... people who are that necro...

Like ME! :loco:

...think dimmu ist nicht krieg... then again, some dimmu fans might be total poseur kvltzors and so hate DT and their pop synths...

If they do, I promise I'll do one hundred *slaps forehead*. You can't bash "pop synths" if the band you're a fanboy of uses "orchester synths".

NP: Mountain - Sittin' on a rainbow (I liked this band when I was ten. Trying to find out if I still do.)

Well, sure one can get tired of a certain genre if it is "over-listened". Then one switches to other stuff but goes back to the old favourites again. Or tastes shift over the years. Or the dose and listening habits. I as well don't listen as much or as often as I used to do, also my search for new bands is not as passionate as it used to be. I am getting old...
However, I am still surprised that Martin does not listen to music at all, but as long as he produces some great music I could not care less:heh:
I also heard that musicians get tired of music - their own. Niklas explained in an interview that he does not listen to the old DT-albums. Heard other artists as well state that after a "project" is finished, they loose interest in it.

Dimmu&DT? - I would love to witness that!

Recently i read an interview of another musician (can't remember which one) who also said that he never listens to music. The reason this other musician gave for this, was that it's his way of getting original ideas. He sort of "starves" his brain musically, so his brain reacts with making music.
I doubt this is the case with Martin though, i think it's mostly spending too much time writing and playing music, that in the end of the day silence is the natural choice.