New interview with Ol Drake

''When we decided we wanted to pay our respects to Mike via a song, we thought what better way to do it than using them. What we wanted to convey couldn't be conveyed in an 800 mile per hour Thrash song.''

i thought that Mike would be insulted if the ballad was dedicated to him?

''When we decided we wanted to pay our respects to Mike via a song, we thought what better way to do it than using them. What we wanted to convey couldn't be conveyed in an 800 mile per hour Thrash song.''

i thought that Mike would be insulted if the ballad was dedicated to him?

Different meanings to different people.

To me the entire album seems to have the connection to Mike, for obvious reasons. Even listening to heavier stuff, I got a really sinking feeling in my chest - mostly from the re-realisation that this is the way things will be from now on. That said, In Memoriam is as close to a perfect 'ballad' that these lads will ever get (so don't try and do another one!) and the heavy shit is like BRRRRRRRRRRSHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKK SUPER FUCKING HEAVY so... yeah, seriously. You mothers are going to love this album like a hot girl (or boy, if you're Soybean) laid out gagging for it.

... Am I a bad person for making that analogy?

Different meanings to different people.

yes i know, that's what Matt and Ol said before. But Ol says in the quote that ''WE couldn't convey what WE wanted to convey in a 800 miles an hour thrash song''

that's why i'm a bit confused.

anyway, i'm so excited to hear this album. yesterday i watched all the studio vids again and all the little pieces i heard in those vids got me even more excited :Smokin:

To me the entire album seems to have the connection to Mike, for obvious reasons. Even listening to heavier stuff, I got a really sinking feeling in my chest - mostly from the re-realisation that this is the way things will be from now on. That said, In Memoriam is as close to a perfect 'ballad' that these lads will ever get (so don't try and do another one!) and the heavy shit is like BRRRRRRRRRRSHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKK SUPER FUCKING HEAVY so... yeah, seriously. You mothers are going to love this album like a hot girl (or boy, if you're Soybean) laid out gagging for it.

... Am I a bad person for making that analogy?

soybean?