New iPad Magazine - The Modern Producer

jval

Jan 16, 2009
ontario
I've just released a new digital magazine on the iPad Newsstand called "The Modern Producer." It's been in the works for a few months, and I'm super stoked to get it out there now.

The idea is basically just to share the best advice, tips, tutorials, interviews, etc. from top pros and project studio guys alike. The first issue features an interview with David Bendeth, and I've got a lot of awesome content lined up for the next issues already.

The magazine is fully interactive and features audio clips and video. This project is brand new and I'm really excited to see where it goes. I'd love to hear any and all feedback - ideas, comments, criticisms, etc.
Since most of my work has been in rock/metal/hardcore, a lot of the stuff in the magazine should right up the alley of anyone here.

Check it out here in the App Store. You can grab the first issue by using the free 7 day trial.
ipad_header.png

If there's enough demand I can port it to Kindle and/or Android, but I'm starting on iPad for now. Working on the website side of things and will probably have some free content/excerpts there eventually.

Bumping this again for Issue 2. Got an interview with my favorite mastering engineer Troy Glessner (August Burns Red, Devin Townsend, Underoath), and lots of other great articles, videos, etc. Check it out!

Hey guys,
Working on getting this into Android and Kindle. If any of you have an Android or Kindle tablet and want to beta test for me, please let me know!

thanks for the interest. I'll follow up when the app is ready for testing.
Unfortunately a PDF version isn't possible right now... I've had everything really tailored to the tablet experience - separate layers, popups, etc that can't translate to PDF.

Will Putney feature coming up next month :)

I've been testing on a Nexus 7 and the results haven't been great. Not sure if I'll be able to do the android thing after all. However if you want to test it out for me, send an email to jordan (at) themodernproducer.com and I'll send the app. include info about which tablet device you have.