New issue of AA is online!

Hey if it counts for anything, I really enjoyed the reviews section. Not only are the short and to the point, I pretty much agreed with everything you said (especially re: the majority of In Flames fans ripping R2R apart when it could be the best album IMO - and yes, I love Jester Race so I don't know what the fuss is about with R2R).

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Hey if it counts for anything, I really enjoyed the reviews section. Not only are the short and to the point, I pretty much agreed with everything you said (especially re: the majority of In Flames fans ripping R2R apart when it could be the best album IMO - and yes, I love Jester Race so I don't know what the fuss is about with R2R).

Thanks for the kind words!! Oddly enough I was sure the In Flames review was gonna get me into hot water, but it was my bad review of the new Darl Tranquility that angered the masses!

Originally posted by rhavin2112
Thanks for the kind words!! Oddly enough I was sure the In Flames review was gonna get me into hot water, but it was my bad review of the new Darl Tranquility that angered the masses!

I don't even think it was a bad review though - the review never actually slammed the album, and the album certainly doesn't deserve to be slammed either.

However, I think the essence of the album strenuously attempts to grasp a tried and tested formula, but I, for one, am getting a little tired of the 'Gothenburg' sound - these days I drift towards the aggressive melodic (Reroute to Remain, Natural Born Chaos), or intense brutality (In Their Darkened Shrines) from the general '02 releases.

That "middle of the road" sound is getting stale IMO, so for the most part, I agreed with your review, but the album still makes my top ten for 2002 so far. That's not necessarily a reflection on the strength of the album, but moreso on the alternative lacklustre choices. (2002 has not seen as many phenomenal releases as 2001 thus far IMO).