New Jag Panzer album?

Katana Overlord said:
I remember reading somehwere about Mark saying that the new one might be a concept album. Any ideas yet Mark?
Oh yeah we have a lot of ideas, but I will let Mark ansewer. I think it's going to be very cool, but I might be slightly biased.
Chris.

This band is one of the few which I dare not to give a cheep about suggestions for a next album. After what you guys composed for MW and CTS, all I can say is: Jag Panzer mastered a heavy and wise writing process!

Roddoliver said:
This band is one of the few which I dare not to give a cheep about suggestions for a next album. After what you guys composed for MW and CTS, all I can say is: Jag Panzer mastered a heavy and wise writing process!
I think that's why we are all here! I'm still quite satisfied with CTS but I'm already excited for another one.

Oh yeah, the only thing I really would like to JP consider was to work with Andy Sneap. After This Godless Endeavor, Blood & Belief... There is no other producer that can beat him, in my opinion. I know JP has a friendship with Jim Morris but I simply HATE the sound he gives to the band. The same goes for Iced Earth. The drums have no power, no weight... Andy would make JP take on the world.

Roddoliver said:
Oh yeah, the only thing I really would like to JP consider was to work with Andy Sneap. After This Godless Endeavor, Blood & Belief... There is no other producer that can beat him, in my opinion. I know JP has a friendship with Jim Morris but I simply HATE the sound he gives to the band. The same goes for Iced Earth. The drums have no power, no weight... Andy would make JP take on the world.
Really? I think Andy Sneap, although awesome, has to much of an artificial sound. At first I didn't like Jim's production on Thane To The Throne, but he sounds awesome on Mechanized Warfare and CTS. I also began like TTTT after a few listens.

Katana Overlord said:
Really? I think Andy Sneap, although awesome, has to much of an artificial sound. At first I didn't like Jim's production on Thane To The Throne, but he sounds awesome on Mechanized Warfare and CTS. I also began like TTTT after a few listens.

Jim's production on Thane makes the album sound WAY too dry. No atmosphere at all, even though the music is phenomenal.

Sneap seems to make the kick drum sound exactly like the snare.

Well, Andy is certainly one of the most respected (and wanted!) metal producers, but I don't see any "fun" if all the bands would go to him...
I really dig Morris' productions! :headbang:
I find them to be very crisp and clear and I especially adore the way he produces drums, awesome and very lively, as opposed to Andy's somewhat artificial sounding approach... But Andy's heavy thick guitars make me ignore that. ;)
Yet, I can't help but to remember the awesome drums on CTS, TTTT, Dark Saga, Horror Show or The Sound Of Perseverance. :worship:

That said, I wish Martin Birch would make an album with somebody...
He's been missed dearly, let the tape roll and the tubes glow! ;)