New-Jersey Metalfest

Soul of a new Machine

I share the discovery!
Mar 2, 2002
Quebec
www.supercrossquebec.com
I went there this weekend, all the way from my canadian shithole to see Mister Blaze Bayley and his band, simply called BLAZE.
Awesome! I had a very good time, I met the boys and they signed my stuff, I even met the crew and they are all super nice people.
He may perform again in Milwaukee in july.
Are The Iron Maidens ever invited to the Metalfest? Would be cool to hear you there, I might go if Blaze return :D

My only complain is too much slayer and pantera wannabees...

Cheers :headbang:

So, is Jack Koshik(sp?) et al getting better at running the metalfest shows? I remember when the November to Dismember fest came to LA (or rather, San Bernardino) in 1999, the show was crammed with bands, such that there was not enough time between bands to set up and get started. My band, Raven Mad, had a fifteen minute set when all was said and done, which was *longer* than the set that Testament played; i think Chuck and the boys only got in ten minutes before the plug was pulled.

The LA show wasn't very well attended, unfortunately, but it was such a great place to meet people and network. I met so many neat people from everywhere. So, for all its shortcomings schedule-wise, the event still rules, and i would *definitely* play another Metalfest(tm). I wish Jack would bring it back to the West Coast.

For all those in the socali area, keep an eye out for the LA Metal Hellfest, LA's very own festival of metal. Last year featured bands like Exodus and Agent Steel as well as some of the top local metal bands. I'm very eager to see what Chief's planning for this year. Keep your eyes on moshking.com for more info!!

Yes, it seemed to me that it was better organized. Most bands had at least 25 minutes on the small stage and bigger bands got 50 minutes. Like I said, I can't speak for bands and band manager who worked their ass to set up the stage as quick as possible and most of them waited the whole day because the schedule got late, but from a fan point of view it ruled.
Cheers!